Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coventry away fans
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 336 Guests

Coventry away fans

This thread currently has 42,536 views. Print
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
August 12, 2017, 10:01am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Les Brechin
I can understand why so many pay on the gate as Coventry sell their away tickets via Ticketmaster for some reason, and we all know how exorbitant their admin/postage fees are.

Another example of someone else's interests over-riding those of the fans. All that matters is that someone makes a profit.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 264
Cov1
August 12, 2017, 10:03am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -22
Astute not strictly true is it...Cov have caused plenty of issues over the years so not sure where you have been.

Hopefully they won't today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 264
NorthseaMariner
August 12, 2017, 10:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
Well let's just hope it all goes well, without incident and we all enjoy it. The vast majority of fans, that's all they want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 264
Les Brechin
August 12, 2017, 10:08am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Well let's just hope it all goes well, without incident and we all enjoy it. The vast majority of fans, that's all they want.

It's not the vast majority of fans that usually get their way though is it, unfortunately.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 264
KingstonMariner
August 12, 2017, 10:13am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Lincspoacher
It is up to the club to share what has happened. I know the reasons but can't say as it's been shared by family member and not been announced by the club for a reason.

If it was the police, don't you think GTFC would have already come out and said that? Yes.

It's not the police at all, it's down to the club and the SAG had no choice.

All that we know so far comes from the Coventry Telegraph which directly quotes Humberside Police - see quote below. Seems to say information came from all 3 parties. In fact it explicitly says that the decision was taken by the local authority chair of the SAG. So it seems either Insp Snowden has it wrong or your source is wrong in that it's down to the club.

'Inspector Scott Snowden, from Humberside Police’s Command Support Unit, said: “Following a meeting of the emergency safety advisory group yesterday where information was considered from the local authority, representatives of Grimsby Town Football Club and police, a decision was taken by the local authority chair of the group to withdraw the sale of tickets available to visiting away fans.

“The safety of those attending this sporting event is a priority and a key factor in arriving at this decision.'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 264
Lincspoacher
August 12, 2017, 10:18am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +274
Gold Stars: 15
SAG can't make decisions only recommendations but all tend to follow these for obvious reasons.

It will come out in the end, I can say no more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 264
KingstonMariner
August 12, 2017, 10:18am
Meths Drinker
Typically there's nothing on the club site about this. 'Latest News' items are ads for an app and betting. A day after someone on a fan site made a post about it, there's nothing from GTFC.

Then it seems the SLO didn't even get informed of the meeting.

Shambolic communications as usual. It's time something changed within GTFC.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 264
KingstonMariner
August 12, 2017, 10:20am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
What a joke I doubt they would of sold 1800 anyway was even mentioned on there own forum. so by doing this we now have a potential risk of crowd disorder in the home stand.. what a bunch of clowns.

hope the residents on Harrington street have been briefed to keep their doors locked regarding the Coventry fans... seem to remember them the last time just letting themselves in whilst running scared😂

You think this is funny? No wonder views about football fans being hooligans persist.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 264
KingstonMariner
August 12, 2017, 10:22am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Lincspoacher
SAG can't make decisions only recommendations but all tend to follow these for obvious reasons.

It will come out in the end, I can say no more.

So you're saying Snowdon got it wrong in his statement? He explicitly said the chair of SAG made a decision.

Maybe he went to the same school of PR as the club's representative.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 264
Astute
August 12, 2017, 10:23am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +8
Over the years but not for a long time. Mainly when we have been started on. But yes we do have a few idiots. All clubs do. The vast majority of us want nothing to do with it these days.

Don't believe a word from the Telegraph. They get half of their stories from us as we know more than them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 264
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coventry away fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.