Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coventry away fans
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 207 Guests

Coventry away fans

This thread currently has 42,676 views. Print
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
August 11, 2017, 12:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Coventry are the best supported team in League 2 by a mile why on earth do they have to make life so difficult for travelling fans?I expect this is down to so called police intelligence and previous history from over 25 years ago football fans do have long memories.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 264
grimps
August 11, 2017, 12:32pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
We always slapped Coventry silly anyway  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 264
Henryscat
August 11, 2017, 12:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from lukeo
Why do they need loads of police tomorrow? Have Coventry got a known force of hooligans? Plus ours only turn up for the big local derby's. Very strange decision. Also with games like this they should open up the main stand for families of away fans, Plymouth have a family stand where both home and away fans are welcome.

What shouldn't happen is for town fans to go on the cov message board and suggest they go in the main because the tickets have stopped being sold.

The main stand is home fans only and despite the jokes about it being the "werthers brigade" inviting away fans into it is a recipe for trouble

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 264
Cov1
August 11, 2017, 2:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -22
Afternoon guys...

Was hoping to travel up with the family in the morning but that's obviously been ended now.....very disappointing.

They must have been expecting hundreds to pay on the day....this happened at Crewe a few years ago and there was loads locked out.

I'm sure you will find the majority of Cov fans good natured and contrary to some of the comments I have read, the big club arrogance disappeared for most years ago........we've been through that much s h I t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 264
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 11, 2017, 2:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Coventry are the best supported team in League 2 by a mile why on earth do they have to make life so difficult for travelling fans?I expect this is down to so called police intelligence and previous history from over 25 years ago football fans do have long memories.

I suspect it's more down to Sheffield United a very few years ago. The police are not worried so much about inside BP or probably even about Coventry fans in general. It's August. Cleethorpes High Street and the Prom are beckoning the idiots.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 264
Cov1
August 11, 2017, 3:06pm
Coke Drinker

I suspect it's more down to Sheffield United a very few years ago. The police are not worried so much about inside BP or probably even about Coventry fans in general. It's August. Cleethorpes High Street and the Prom are beckoning the idiots.

You may well have a point and yes we have plenty of idiots but even so the planning for this must have been sorted weeks ago.  Cov will bring more than any other club I suspect but had it been further into the season and playing well the demand would have been double and more so very surprised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 264
Bigdog
August 11, 2017, 3:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cov1

You may well have a point and yes we have plenty of idiots but even so the planning for this must have been sorted weeks ago.  Cov will bring more than any other club I suspect but had it been further into the season and playing well the demand would have been double and more so very surprised.

I would imagine we'll take 2k plus to your place and can only imagine the outrage if we were treated the same as you guys have been. Maybe the club and police have their reasons, but to not offer an ounce of empathy or shred of reasoning in their statement is embarrassing. The whole thing smacks of being tinpot, an unfortunate recurring feature of our club's "PR" department.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 264
moosey_club
August 11, 2017, 3:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Police intelligence (oxymoron) no doubt, certainly has been some beef in history with Coventry following a certain jolly hockey sticks outing there a few years ago...on my last trip to Highfield Rd they welcomed us with a low level firework display, free pint glasses and a selection of pool table accessories ....Vauxhall Tavern i think was the pub ??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 264
moosey_club
August 11, 2017, 3:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Cov1
Afternoon guys...

Was hoping to travel up with the family in the morning but that's obviously been ended now.....very disappointing.

They must have been expecting hundreds to pay on the day....this happened at Crewe a few years ago and there was loads locked out.

I'm sure you will find the majority of Cov fans good natured and contrary to some of the comments I have read, the big club arrogance disappeared for most years ago........we've been through that much s h I t.

SH!T ??....Have you lost at Chasetown yet during your tumble from grace ? You will know what Sh1t is when that happens  

Every sympathy with you otherwise regards all the off field stuff you have endured.

Do your fans hold any one person in particular to blame for your meteoric descent ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 264
Cov1
August 11, 2017, 3:34pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Police intelligence (oxymoron) no doubt, certainly has been some beef in history with Coventry following a certain jolly hockey sticks outing there a few years ago...on my last trip to Highfield Rd they welcomed us with a low level firework display, free pint glasses and a selection of pool table accessories ....Vauxhall Tavern i think was the pub ??

That's the pub.....long gone now but yes I remember.....they only travel now and then these days so who knows.

That made me laugh.... low level firework display  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 264
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coventry away fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.