August 12, 2017, 6:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Astute
I predict we will either win, lose or it will be a draw  

Us 1,350 tickets sold before they wouldn't let us buy any more.
Home 6,000.

The game? Start of the season so will be interesting. Our midfield is solid. The defence isn't bad either. Our new GK looks very good. McNulty could be out. He lost his front teeth last weekend. But Beavon will be there to terrorise your defence. Most probably won't score. Jones, a young lad, will run at you. And he has a good shot on him. He could only manage 3 goals last week   Then we have Andreu. Released by Norwich and signed by us last week. Big and strong. Should cause you problems all day if he plays. Was wanted above our level but decided to play for us.

We kept Notts County to a shot that hit the post and a long range shot that was an easy one for our GK. Are they any good?

You had a good win last weekend. But it wasn't against one of the top sides and the stats were well in their favour. But as I said too early in the season to know.

I think we will command the midfield. Our defence will cope with most thrown at them. Expecting the high ball to keep coming at us to nullify our midfield. If you put numbers in our half we will hit you on the break. Have you got fast defenders? You will certainly need them.

0-2 Coventry. But a decent hard fought game.

Blimey, you really are astute if you've managed to deduce all of that from one game! Well done.

I don't generally do the prediction thread, but I'll say 'both teams to score' and a 7000+ crowd.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
Mendonca1995
August 12, 2017, 7:02am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Astute been watching the Carlsberg advert m8 ???

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Astute
August 12, 2017, 7:35am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +8
If only I knew how to quote on here  

Like I said start of the season. But we have Doyle back. He was Portsmouth's captain and star player last season. We have one of our youth products next to him. Looks like they will have a good partnership together. Another of our players is 6'4". And he can also jump. He won every ball in the air and there was only a couple of times that it never went to one of our players.

Then you have Slade as manager. He doesn't have a plan B. And half the time his plan A doesn't work. One of the reasons we did so badly last season. It took Robins a few games to get our players playing together and not like headless chickens like when he took over. Slade will get away with it in this Division. But Robins is better than this level.

So yes I know what we can do. But not seen Grimsby play for a couple of years now. So can't comment about the way you play or who you have to stop us from playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
A.l.f.
August 12, 2017, 7:40am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
3-2 Davies, Jones and Collins 7005
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
totalidiot
August 12, 2017, 8:59am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +341
Should be beating teams like this at home so im going for 3-1

Dembele
Jones
Cardwell

Att 6075
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
Grantham_Mariner
August 12, 2017, 9:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from totalidiot
Should be beating teams like this at home so im going for 3-1

Dembele
Jones
Cardwell

Att 6075

Same for me except JJ for Cardwell

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Astute
August 12, 2017, 9:30am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +8
Teams like this?

We outplayed Notts County last week. They are expected to finish in the top half. We won 3-0 but could easily have got more. And now we have signed a Championship player who plays AM and scores goals. So if he plays today he will improve us even more.

I hope you try to pin us back in our half. If you do you had better have some very fast players. Because we do.

I wouldn't be too upset with a draw. Would settle for 4 points from the first 2 games. But a win is the aim.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
ginnywings
August 12, 2017, 9:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Notts County were gash last season and they are expected to finish top half by whom?

You'd think that after all your relegations, you would have learnt not to underestimate the opposition. You are in League 2 for a reason and just like us when we dropped to the conference, don't underestimate the strength of the opposition. Robins has had as many failures as successes, same as Slade and you could be calling for his head before the end of the season. See what happens before you crown yourselves champions for beating Notts County.

One of the fans on your forum said that you should roll us over easily as we are relegation favourites. Well that's news to us because we were only a couple of wins outside the play offs last season and we have improved. All a bit Billy big bollox.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
Hagrid
August 12, 2017, 9:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
2-2 draw. Summerfield and Sam jones. 6923 attendence with 1342 from cov
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coventry (H) Predictions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.