2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
BeijingMariner
August 8, 2017, 8:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
[url]https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/hooper-signs-for-the-mariners/[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
hheh2
August 8, 2017, 9:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Good signing looks powerful quick and can score from anywhere

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
HackneyHaddock
August 8, 2017, 9:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Dare I say it, but we look like we have a good blend of pace, power, experience and trickery.

Add to that Slade's meticulous preparation and organisation, and Wilko's striking experience, we might have a half-decent side.

Exciting times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
KingstonMariner
August 8, 2017, 9:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from hheh2

Looking at that write up about him on the OS, he might be able to score from anywhere but not very often.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
ginnywings
August 8, 2017, 10:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Jonathan James Hooper

Step aside Lenell John Lewis. We have another SHOP in Town lol!

He's a shoe in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
pontoonlew
August 8, 2017, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from hheh2

One Vale fan said this  

"Easily up there with some of the worst players I've seen play for Vale. No technical ability, no strength, no speed, literally does nothing all game and offers no threat. He doesn't even make up for his downfalls by trying, never seemed like he actually wanted to be on the pitch."

I hope you're right and not him!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
diehardmariner
August 8, 2017, 10:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,535
Gold Stars: 537
I'll wait to see him before judging.

Jon Nolan has become the token response to fans of clubs slagging off their ex-players.

We've done it ourselves, I seem to remember Liam Trotter was deemed useless by many when he was here.  Even better, Danny Butterfield was a target for our boo-boys yet reached levels well above GTFC.

It's horses for courses and whilst Hooper may have looked crap for Vale and others, he may be exactly what we need for our system.  I don't think we're looking for a 20 goal front man, we've plenty of goals spread throughout the side. What we need is someone who will lead the line and create space for the likes of Dembele and Jones.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
ginnywings
August 8, 2017, 10:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from diehardmariner

Jon Nolan has become the token response to fans of clubs slagging off their ex-players.

We've done it ourselves, I seem to remember Liam Trotter was deemed useless by many when he was here.  Even better, Danny Butterfield was a target for our boo-boys yet reached levels well above GTFC.

It's horses for courses and whilst Hooper may have looked crap for Vale and others, he may be exactly what we need for our system.  I don't think we're looking for a 20 goal front man, we've plenty of goals spread throughout the side. What we need is someone who will lead the line and create space for the likes of Dembele and Jones.

Nolan was MOM in League 1 on Saturday.

As ever, i will judge for myself and not an instant judgement either. Some players take a while to get going and having been on trial here for a few weeks, Slade must have seen something he likes because you don't give out 2 year deals on a whim nowadays. Maybe that was the sticking point, length of contract?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Mariner_09
August 8, 2017, 10:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
He was playing in a terrible team last season and was probably managed badly as well. Slade is well known for getting the best out of players and his teams always give 100%.

It was noticeable that in the team tonight that there were 6 players who also started the Morecambe home game last season. Unbelievable given the 100s of players we've signed since then.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
forza ivano
August 8, 2017, 10:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from diehardmariner

Fair points diehard. I just worry about so many fans talking about his lack of effort. I cling to the hope that this has been caused by the fact that he has been played so often out of position
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hooper signs, official

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.