11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 8, 2017, 10:45pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,001
Gold Stars: 192
Quoted from topuphere666
To be fair the ball was moving fine during the warm up and the opening exchanges of the game, but the rain kept coming and it quickly became unplayable, I think Collins is still sliding somewhere on the seafront from his tackle on the halfway line.

Felt for the two lads with the water rollers, if there ever was a pointless job, they had it tonight .

Yeah..... they looked sad figures in front of the Lower Young's, well done to them anyway.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 100
forza ivano
August 8, 2017, 11:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
A) hope we still got a few quid from the radio commentary and b) interesting idea to only refund those with a dn postcode
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 100
Mariner1980
August 8, 2017, 11:33pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +118
I took the Mrs as my Dad couldn't go.
It certainly came down didn't it. Parked in Barnett Place, wasn't so bad on the walk before KO, afterwards we got soaked.
Pretty sure there's a swimming pool in the car.

I thought we started pretty well, not sure what happened with their goal, looked like someone didn't pick Keogh up.
Still, we get another go.
Was a bit surprised to see Bogle hanging around behind the Pontoon..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 100
gary_elton
August 9, 2017, 12:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
It's absolutely drunk it down, stairs rods , hammer and tongs all day in the East Midlands... all evening too... I was gonna come tonight from NW Leics,  but changed my mind with the weather...   can't believe the sheep shaggah who said sort out yer pitch... what a complete knob end....  oh yeah sorry... forgot Derbys pitch has always been a billiard table...  tw@t.....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 100
sydney
August 9, 2017, 12:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,012
Gold Stars: 3
Just Back
Soaked fed up and me Birthday
But
Right decision to abandon
They looked sharp
We looked, not like the same from Sat
But forget tonight and onwards
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 100
cmackenzie4
August 9, 2017, 6:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Must be very unusual to have a game abandoned in August, I can't recall us having so much rain in the summer months.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 100
Mallyner
August 9, 2017, 7:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
What unbelievable rain and having shown no sign of slowing down, it had to be abandoned.

On the Derby forum, somebody has mentioned that some teams would allow the side who were winning the first game, to walk the ball into the net.
Something no doubt that would not have been mentioned, if we had scored the goal.

One of them said it was because our pitch was so s--t it couldn't soak up a bit of water, when in fact it was stunningly beautiful at the kick off, considering all the rain. And it didn't cut up too.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 100
Davec
August 9, 2017, 7:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
I tell you one thing if we allow Derby to walk the ball in the net for the re-arranged game I will be furious
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 100
topuphere666
August 9, 2017, 7:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Davec
I tell you one thing if we allow Derby to walk the ball in the net for the re-arranged game I will be furious

Would you be furious if it was the other way round?

My only gripe was that it didn't look to be a corner!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 100
EY Mariner
August 9, 2017, 9:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
Just remembered the Derby pitch of the seventies which was a complete mudbath for most of the season.

Should the game have even started tonight?

For me, no. I parked up in Harrington Street at around 6.25 and the rain was torrential then. The weather forecast suggested that the rain would continue in that way throughout the game, on top of the rain that had already fallen during the day. I couldn't see any way that the game would finish and, in that context, common sense should take over and mean you don't actually start it.

That said, having seen the state of just one or two of the roads on the way out of town, I just hope any flood damage is not too severe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.