4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimsby2012
August 8, 2017, 10:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Coventry really doesn't like RS, Which in turns, means they hate us. Their Forum is full of  
"If we get three points on Saturday against the idiot all will be forgotten about tonight"

"Hope we get 3 points from Grimsby. Their basically Relegation favorites and we should easily wipe the floor come Saturday. Can't wait to see their fans tears"

Jesus...... Hope we bloody win even more now

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
KingstonMariner
August 8, 2017, 10:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Coventry really doesn't like RS, Which in turns, means they hate us. Their Forum is full of  
"If we get three points on Saturday against the idiot all will be forgotten about tonight"

"Hope we get 3 points from Grimsby. Their basically Relegation favorites and we should easily wipe the floor come Saturday. Can't wait to see their fans tears"

What a muppet! Doesn't know the difference between 'their' and 'they're'.

Oh, and clearly knows naff all about football either.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
ginnywings
August 8, 2017, 10:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I really don't get why a lot of teams just dismiss us as tinpot and cannon fodder. Suppose it's the result of 6 years in non league. Relegation favourites? My Ar$e we are.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
RichMariner
August 9, 2017, 12:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Quoted from Grimsby2012

That was basically our attitude about going to places like Braintree on lovely a summer's evening after a few relegations, and we got well and truly dicked that night!

If three relegations and spending six years outside the FL taught me anything it's to respect the opposition, even if they're supposedly relegation fodder (which we really aren't).

Clearly three relegations since their fall from the PL hasn't taught this Coventry fan anything.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
chaos33
August 9, 2017, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,789
Gold Stars: 349
Dummy doesn't even know the correct use of they're/there/their aside from the fact that he is factually incorrect anyway. We are not relegation favourites. Hope we stick it right up 'em.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
grimsby pete
August 9, 2017, 12:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
They will bring a few fans so it should be a good  atmosphere,

A few more Town fans turning up to see JJ and DJ  plus SD,  

Should be a cracking game ending with another 3 points for us.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
Grimal
August 9, 2017, 1:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
I remember some Poolie idiots coming on here the beginning of last season sprouting the same Sh!te, look where they are now. Losing at home to Dover. I wonder if they will still be supporting their team after rattling around 6yrs in non league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Hertsmariner
August 9, 2017, 2:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
It'll be interesting to see how RS and PW revise their thinking about their preferred squad/starting 11 for the upcoming games. The additions of Hooper and Jalyesimi would only seem to add to the puzzle. Even at centre forward, we now have Vernon, Asante (when fit), Cardwell and Hooper vying, essentially, for the same role. Assuming Jones will be preferred either in a front 2 or just behind the CF, that leaves a 'congested' group to compete for the midfield 4. I would have thought Dembele would be a shoe-in, probably Rose (or McAllister if ever fit!) to protect the back 4 and then Berrett, Summerfield, Clements, Kelly, Jalysesimi, Bolarinwa and perhaps Akeem Rose and Clifton (with Osborne to come back in January?) competing for the other 2 midfield places. The back 4 seems, at least on paper, somewhat simpler (Mills, Clarke, Collins, Dixon, with Osborne K, Davies and Keeble in competition). Of course there will be injuries (there already are!) and loss of form and potentially lots of games to share around if we have a decent cup run or 2. But perhaps others would like to hazard a guess as to how we'll shape up? It will certainly be fascinating to see what we can achieve this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
Mariner93er
August 9, 2017, 2:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
The only changes from Saturday will be enforced ones, so mills and potentially Kelly out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
mariner91
August 9, 2017, 2:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Hertsmariner
It'll be interesting to see how RS and PW revise their thinking about their preferred squad/starting 11 for the upcoming games. The additions of Hooper and Jalyesimi would only seem to add to the puzzle. Even at centre forward, we now have Vernon, Asante (when fit), Cardwell and Hooper vying, essentially, for the same role. Assuming Jones will be preferred either in a front 2 or just behind the CF, that leaves a 'congested' group to compete for the midfield 4. I would have thought Dembele would be a shoe-in, probably Rose (or McAllister if ever fit!) to protect the back 4 and then Berrett, Summerfield, Clements, Kelly, Jalysesimi, Bolarinwa and perhaps Akeem Rose and Clifton (with Osborne to come back in January?) competing for the other 2 midfield places. The back 4 seems, at least on paper, somewhat simpler (Mills, Clarke, Collins, Dixon, with Osborne K, Davies and Keeble in competition). Of course there will be injuries (there already are!) and loss of form and potentially lots of games to share around if we have a decent cup run or 2. But perhaps others would like to hazard a guess as to how we'll shape up? It will certainly be fascinating to see what we can achieve this season.

Why would he contemplate putting an 18 year old striker in midfield?

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.