UTM all the way from Italy  
Reply: 10 - 19
Hertsmariner
August 6, 2017, 1:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
That high knee-in-the-back on Summerfield looks worse each time I watch it! If that is not a sending off offence (deliberate attempt to maim), it's hard to justify what else might be. There was no attempt whatever to play the ball and it was an act of sheer, unbridled thuggery. It is hardly surprising that Mills, who was standing close by, was so incensed. I have to say I was shocked at the time by the referee's leniency to the Chesterfield players in those few minutes both before and after as some, including Dennis, seemed to completely lose their heads in what was little more than a thuggish onslaught. Perhaps the EFL disciplinary committee can be persuaded to review those few minutes in the cause of applying justice.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
TheRealJohnLewis
August 6, 2017, 1:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
On highlights, the iFollow ones are crap. Less than half a minute with the goals just like C5 last night. If that's the best we will get it isn't worth having.

The extended highlights are now up on iFollow.

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
HertsGTFC
August 6, 2017, 1:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Thought the ref lots it and only sent Mills off to placate their players who n doubt would have been giving it the big un in the refs ear after the penalty. Also thought that throughout the game the ref gave most of the 50/50's to the home side too.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 6, 2017, 2:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

The extended highlights are now up on iFollow.

Yes, thanks. I was confused by the way iFollow uses the term 'highlight ', the quality is very good indeed. The commentary and editing less so. According to those extended highlights Dembeli only touched the ball once or twice in the whole game. We know Chesterfield had more possession but they made it seem like it was 90%.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
itsnotcoditshaddock
August 6, 2017, 4:36pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Quite surprised that the extended highlights (11 minutes of them) are available for free. Not actually sure what a paid subscription gets you extra?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 6, 2017, 5:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quite surprised that the extended highlights (11 minutes of them) are available for free. Not actually sure what a paid subscription gets you extra?!

That's the same as it was last season on the club's website. Having the app as well just makes it more confusing if the same things are not available on both.  As you say, what do you get for the subs?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
buckstown
August 6, 2017, 7:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 77
I didn't get chance to listen/go to the game yesterday but thrilled with the result.  The highlights suggest we could have lost on another day against good strikers, but that second goal was amazing
Next Saturday will be very very interesting and a good indicator or the months ahead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
arryarryarry
August 7, 2017, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Maringer
How the heck did the referee fail to see that foul at the end which led to Mills being sent off? Blatant knee/shove in the back, wasn't it?

Other than that, I think McKeown's second save looked to be one of the biggest moments of the game. Had no real right to stop that one with so much room for their player to score. That said, Kelly's chance was similar and that was just a defensive block.

Great work from Dembele for the second goal, of course, and I hope he can keep it up through the season. I do wonder if he'll be able to withstand the heavy treatment which will no doubt come his way this season from some teams, given his lightweight build.

Looking forward to seeing how we'll play at home next week and it would be nice if we had another striking option in the team by then!

He didn't fail, we got a free kick, Ben Davies took it.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Maringer
August 7, 2017, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I only watched the highlights and obviously didn't have the sound turned up loud enough. It seemed to me that play just continued with nobody reacting to any sort of a whistle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield highights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.