This thread currently has 11,394 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
August 5, 2017, 8:35pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Forgot to mention Rose. Outstanding. They've all set the bar high today so I hope they can keep it there.

Special mention for the lad in the pink in their end. Even the coppers were laughing when he was getting you fat illegitimate chanted at him.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
headingly_mariner
August 5, 2017, 8:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Enjoyed that.  There was not a Town player who wasn't completely committed today. The organisation and commitment was amazing. Dembele is great to watch and a super find. We look to have a real team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
ginnywings
August 5, 2017, 8:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Interesting that Rose is getting praised as once again he is a player that came here and was labelled as sh1t by his previous club's supporters. Shows that they shouldn't be given any credence and fans should judge for themselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
heppy88
August 5, 2017, 8:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Great team performance, great individual performances, amazing support and atmosphere. Made for a great day.
Couldnt have asked for a better start to the season. UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
OllieGTFC
August 5, 2017, 8:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
This is the most organised team I have seen for a while, even in the warms looked well organised even at half time the subs are back out there doing there warm ups not just kicking ball around, very impressed today, not all going to be rosey but I think we will be up there too many people writing us off I like to call it underdogs

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
bluerose13x
August 5, 2017, 8:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
My 1st look today at the new faces (no friendlies for me) so it's too soon for me to mention how each player played/stand out performances, I've got to regonize them by sight 1st instead of thinking whos that....!

But that was a really really good perfomace, defence played super soaked up a lot of pressure esp. in 2nd half. I feel if this had been early last season we would have let them back in the mach.

Our 2nd goal was faannnnntastic, had to look it up who scored and made the run it thou!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
Gaffer58
August 5, 2017, 9:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Regarding Vernon, remember Emile Heskey, most people thought what a waste doesn't  score enough etc, but ask any of his teammates either at club or international level and they all praised him, for what he brought overall to the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
carrot top
August 5, 2017, 9:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from ginnywings
Interesting that Rose is getting praised as once again he is a player that came here and was labelled as sh1t by his previous club's supporters. Shows that they shouldn't be given any credence and fans should judge for themselves.

I thought he had a very solid game today and doesn't mind putting his foot in. He did have a big say say in Newports survival didn't he?

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Cloudy
August 5, 2017, 9:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Decent ground, loud visiting support, very quiet home fans.

McKeown made a couple of very good saves 1st half but Kelly really missed a sitter whilst  Clarke(?) put a header just past the post. Very strong to brush aside his marker to thump home the opener.
Our 2nd goal just wow. Dembele was unplayable and the powerful run by Jones plus timing of the pass saw Town to a 2-0 lead.
I think we sat solid in the 2nd half as part of the tactic. They had lots of possession but were largely restricted to aimless hoofs on to the head of our two centre backs and shots high and wide from distance.

Good finish for their goal on the turn but within 2 minutes we were 2 ahead after good work by  Summerfield and Cardwell.

I think the ref was going to book Rose for timewasting but when he realised he was already on. Yellow he booked Mills instead. Within a minute Mills got involved and harshly got another yellow. How Dennis did get 2 yellows in those last couple of minutes was odd.

Overall a solid performance, like Clarke, Dixon and Rose on today's showing, Kelly less so whilst Dembele will be a hero if he can show that level of ability on a regular basis.

Wouldn't go over the top on one very good result but we got more today that I expected. Long season and we need 3 or 4 more imo before end if the month.

Should be carefree on Tuesday before Cov come to Town buoyed by their 3-0 win over Notts.

Encouraged
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
AndyGTFC
August 5, 2017, 9:53pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +795
Gold Stars: 5
Great start and a cracking result because they'll be a good side for me and put us under a lot of pressure throughout the game. We took our chances when they came and did brilliantly to defend our lead once we got it. McKeown, Clarke, Collins and Dembele were all terrific.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just on bus back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.