Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Help needed re-ifollow
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 232 Guests

Help needed re-ifollow

This thread currently has 7,725 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
August 5, 2017, 5:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from MarinerBen
Personally, I live in the SW of England. If I can watch games that I otherwise cannot attend, I damn rightly will... as would any good supporter.

I agree however, bums on seats are what matters on the day which is why I’m attending the first two home fixtures when visiting my family at weekends. Internet streaming is a last resort, yet it’s also another means of income for what would be nothing for the club.

That wasn't your average internet streaming lark though Ben, was quality IMO. We may lose a few UK exiles.
Reply: 20 - 31
MarinerBen
August 5, 2017, 5:49pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +243
I agree with you, the quality of iFollow is very impressive. I just hope people use it responsibly otherwise I can see this facility being reviewed.

"Take what you can, give nothing back"
                                                                 - Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 31
August 5, 2017, 5:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from MarinerBen
I agree with you, the quality of iFollow is very impressive. I just hope people use it responsibly otherwise I can see this facility being reviewed.

Yep, couldn't agree more. EFL clubs, particularly at the excrement end of it need as much money as they can get. Okay, they'll get a bit of the pie from the IFollow cash but I can't see it being that much. If people end up in Cleethorpes pubs watching home game, the club is in trouble.
Reply: 22 - 31
headingly_mariner
August 6, 2017, 4:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
It's likely to be the beginning of the end for travelling support in the football league. Being able to watch every game will hurt attendances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
TheGoalKipper
August 6, 2017, 6:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from MarinerBen

Are the pubs not breaking some legal rules doing this?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 6, 2017, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
Where you based ben?

Want to get I follow but don't really do technology type stuff. Understand the iPad logic, just wondered if I could stream it to my tv?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
mariner83
August 6, 2017, 8:39pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from headingly_mariner
It's likely to be the beginning of the end for travelling support in the football league. Being able to watch every game will hurt attendances.

I don't get to many away games, but it's all about the experience/atmosphere for me, you can't get that watching from your own sofa.  
If people would rather watch in telly then I don't think they're a true supporter.*

*Understand not everyone can get to matches for various reasons.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
headingly_mariner
August 6, 2017, 9:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from mariner83

I don't get to many away games, but it's all about the experience/atmosphere for me, you can't get that watching from your own sofa.  
If people would rather watch in telly then I don't think they're a true supporter.*

*Understand not everyone can get to matches for various reasons.

I completely agree but not everyone understands that. We are giving people the option to sit and watch at home or in the boozer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
Superdan147
August 7, 2017, 12:05am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from MarinerBen
FYI everyone, VPNs 100% work 👍👍👍

I have an iPhone and iPad. If there was the odd game this which I couldn't make due to work...and I wanted to stream a town game..how would I do it with this VPN thingy then 🙈 Make it simple for me please 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
WetFlannel
August 7, 2017, 11:37am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Having every game possible to view via stream hasn't hurt EPL away attendances, the experience of an away day is more than just the game and I doubt many would decide not to go to any because of iFollow. What you need to remember is away days are expensive for a lot of people, who ration them to a few a season. For these people iFollow is a great way to watch the game, whilst building up the excitement for other away games. I couldn't go on Saturday, but seeing the away end made me really wish I could.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Help needed re-ifollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.