3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
August 4, 2017, 11:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
I agree Herts every manager signs some passengers but I honestly don't see how MB' s signings were passengers, Maxwell and possibly Yussuf apart.

Osborne, Jones and Clements contributed considerably to the second half of the season.

Gunning lacked in many areas but a passenger, hardly he always tried but was never quite upto it. Asante has been plagued by injuries so it's not fair to judge (same with McAllister).

Dyson or Jackson and Tuton? Hurst made some great signings during his five years but last season I think was probably his worst for recruitment (although Mills, Andrew and Collins a were gems).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
HertsGTFC
August 4, 2017, 11:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
I have a fear that all MB's signings could fail, Asante I would doubt we'll see make a consistent contribution Clements can see and play a pass but clearly cannot handle a pre season. Osborne all being well will recover as he has talent and Jones has looked off it against half decent opponents pre season.

Who knows pointless looking back on the eve of a new season

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
sam gy
August 5, 2017, 2:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I have a fear that all MB's signings could fail, Asante I would doubt we'll see make a consistent contribution Clements can see and play a pass but clearly cannot handle a pre season. Osborne all being well will recover as he has talent and Jones has looked off it against half decent opponents pre season.

UTM!

Mate, It's been well documented that Clem has been away on compassionate leave. Think, or do a little bit of research eh..

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Posh Harry
August 5, 2017, 6:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Mariner_09
Clements, Osborne and Dyson are all passenger sort players when it isn't going for them. Hurst's signings were always solid and reliable. Berrett, Summerfield, Chambers, Comley, Vernon, Jackson etc aren't blessed with great ability but always give their all.

Sorry M09, you clearly didn't go to Donny away. Berrett not only didn't give his all that day, he was pretty much a disgrace to his profession.

We all have off days though 😊

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
topuphere666
August 5, 2017, 7:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from HertsGTFC

UTM!

Give the lads a chance. Jesus Christ.
Osbourne looked class at times last season, don't forget he made he step up from part time to full time mid season and stepped up a league as well.
Gutted that he will miss 4 months of the season!

Jones also looked very good at times last season, hopefully with a full pre season he'll start the season well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
Abdul19
August 5, 2017, 7:44am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Jones scored 7 in 16 in his first FL (half) season and he might fail because he looked a bit "off it" in 2 meaningless games against league 1 teams?!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Superdan147
August 5, 2017, 8:26am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
I really like Jamey Osborne, I think he's very talented and could have a good career, HOWEVER I can't help but feel he is seen as one of the 'passengers'.
Collins mentioned the Barnet and Cheltenham games where he felt they was carrying too many players. In both these games Osborne was subbed by RS at half time and we improved 2nd half. Throughout pre season, Osborne has been selected mainly in the 2nd teams with the likes of bolorinwa, summerfield, Boyce and yussuf. I don't believe RS sees him as a key player or likely to unless he works a little harder. I personally see a few similarities between Vose and Osborne. Both talented, a joy to watch at times but when the going gets tough, these two tend to disappear. I'm
Hopeful that when he comes back, he's learnt a few lessons, understands RS values and shows that little more desire on work ethic on the pitch and if he does. Then he really could fulfill that potential and be one hell of a player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
ginnywings
August 5, 2017, 9:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Perhaps if Bignot had been given a bit longer, he may have proven himself to be a good manager here. History seems to be painting him as some sort of clueless buffoon among some fans, when i think he had something about him. Signed some good players in my view, as did Hurst, but i think the argument is that Hurst signed more passengers. To be fair he did have longer here to sign more passengers. He signed some truly awful forwards in his time, a long list of them in fact.

I think Mariner 09 is Hurst's son.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
HertsGTFC
August 5, 2017, 9:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
I think it's hard to tell about last seasons squad as they started to gel and Hurst left Bignot came in changed lots of things and moved on the Slade had his own ideas about the players both predecessors signed, a season of stability would be interesting

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
KingstonMariner
August 5, 2017, 10:56am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mariner_09
Clements, Osborne and Dyson are all passenger sort players when it isn't going for them. Hurst's signings were always solid and reliable. Berrett, Summerfield, Chambers, Comley, Vernon, Jackson etc aren't blessed with great ability but always give their all.

flipping hell, I'd hate you to be my boss. Slave driver. Those lads were not passengers.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Collins interview on the os

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.