Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
LH
August 4, 2017, 8:13am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Get your money on Lincoln then after a Lincoln website tips Lincoln for promotion. It'll be so funny if and when it all falls apart.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
ginnywings
August 4, 2017, 9:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Completely disses us and waxes lyrical about themselves. Who'd have thought it?

The fookers are obsessed with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Cloudy
August 4, 2017, 9:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from ginnywings
Completely disses us and waxes lyrical about themselves. Who'd have thought it?

The fookers are obsessed with us.

Surprised anyone took the time to open the link. Couldnt give a shite what they think tbh
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Tommy
August 4, 2017, 9:14am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Don't say anything about Lincoln or we'll have towncryer coming back to correct us on everything said about his Club. He must have a busy life if he's doing that on all the League 2 forums.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
ginnywings
August 4, 2017, 9:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Cloudy

Surprised anyone took the time to open the link. Couldnt give a shite what they think tbh

Just curious to see how far they think they are above us all of a sudden. Quite funny really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
sam gy
August 4, 2017, 10:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Bless, they've barely ever even reached the dizzy heights of 3rd tier football before.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
mariner91
August 4, 2017, 10:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
The most amusing part is the chap who writes it genuinely think's he's intelligent and he's clearly trying to put it across as though it's well researched yet it's clearly written with a huge bias and the part about us is just wrong. For example: "The natural momentum created by promotion disappeared very early on" when I'm pretty sure we were in the play off positions in November.

Then he follows up with this beauty: "To compound matters, six defenders departed during the summer including Josh Gowling, Shaun Pearson and Danny Andrew, and that degree of experience can be hard to replace". Clearly he's desperate to make it look like we're up against it but the facts are we've added Clarke who has played more games and all at a higher level than any of those defenders who've left. Plus Dixon who played 90 times for Huddersfield in the Championship over a three year period recently and Osborne who was part of the Wimbledon side that got promoted from this division two seasons ago and has played over 100 games further up the FL pyramid.

On the other hand, they've added Neil Eardley who may come good but has struggled with injuries, Sean Long who many of their fans rate behind Bradley Wood (hahaha) and Rob Dickie who played for the all conquering Cheltenham side last season. Plus Waterfall and Howe are still there who are both worse than Shaun Pearson, a player we decided wasn't up to scratch for L2. Other than Raggett who is excellent and Habergham, I know who's defenders I would rather have.

"Manager Russell Slade has somehow managed to be named League One Manager of the Year on two separate occasions without ever having won a single promotion in his 700-game career" but I would argue that getting Yeovil and Leyton Orient to the L1 play off finals is just as big an achievement as getting Braintree to the Conference play off semi's.

Still, we must bow to the superior knowledge of these Lincoln fans who have been watching football for all of the last 8 months when their cup run started. No doubt the vast majority of their new season tickets will swear blind that they were one of the 480 that turned up to BP.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
newarkmariner
August 4, 2017, 11:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Has a quick read, had a little chuckle, bless them,i was wondering how long it took the gimp to type it all out what with those extra fingers and all,maybe he got his mother and sister to help ooops sorry there the same person
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
psgmariner
August 4, 2017, 12:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
I think almost all neutrals would have Lincoln to finish to finish above us. They have made some very good signings, have sold 6000 season tickets and have a momentum. If we are honest that is not quite been replicated here.

With the bookies, Lincoln are 3rd favourites for the title. We are 17th.

I do think we need to be honest and realistic.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
mariner91
August 4, 2017, 12:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
I think they'll finish above us but I don't think they'll get automatic promotion and I don't think we'll be nearly as bad as they like to make out.

You say very good signings but other than Bostwick, Green and Maguire-drew who else would you take in our squad? I wouldn't want Palmer, Knott is no better than Jones or Osborne. Dembele is far superior to Anderson and Ginnelly. And Dickie played in a struggling Cheltenham side last season compared to Osborne and Clarke who have spent most, if not all, of their careers at a higher level.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
Perkins
August 4, 2017, 12:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Personally i couldn't give a monkeys about Lincoln, but i do enjoy a laugh at the drivel Jules writes on their forum. He runs it, writes it, responds to it, and no doubt is the only Lincoln fan that actually reads it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Balthazar Bullitt
August 4, 2017, 1:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from psgmariner
I think almost all neutrals would have Lincoln to finish to finish above us. They have made some very good signings, have sold 6000 season tickets and have a momentum. If we are honest that is not quite been replicated here.

With the bookies, Lincoln are 3rd favourites for the title. We are 17th.

I do think we need to be honest and realistic.

Sort of agree

Fair to say that Lincoln are probably the best team in Lincoln.

On non match days.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
HertsGTFC
August 4, 2017, 2:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
An early season outbreak of Grimsbyitis without a doubt!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Mariner_09
August 4, 2017, 4:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
I think we will be top 7, I'd been even more confident if we'd signed a Revell type strikrr and Osborne was fit but hey ho. Mansfield's squad looks too good to be true. I have a sneaking suspicion that they aren't going to romp away like everyone thinks they will, hopefully too many individual talents makes them an inferior team. Lincoln were very good in the games in the cup last season whether they can maintain that intensity they showed over the course of a whole league season with more or less the same players is debatable. Luton look strong to me and I think Carlisle and Exeter will be strong. I don't know about the relegated teams and how strong they'll be, all of them seem to have signed 1000 players so hopefully they won't gel for a least a couple of weeks for our sake! I'm hopeful that our increased focus on sports science that will generate greater fitness and therefore make us more competitive for long periods within games and the season itself. Our defence should be strong, I'm hoping that that will instill some confidence in Macca as well who I reckon will have a really good season.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Two Season Preview 2017/18

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.