2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
St. Pauli
August 3, 2017, 9:42am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 1
This statement from Sheffield FC about the perversion (Neymar, PSG) in professional football:

https://www.facebook.com/sheff.....867879361903/?type=3

Thumbs up
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
August 3, 2017, 10:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Absolutely. I was reading about the Neymar deal last night and was shocked at the numbers. £200 million transfer fee and £40 million a year in salary. Truly staggering.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
TownSNAFU5
August 3, 2017, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
I like the rough sign at Sheffield FC, on a muddy pitch, "The home of football".  Football has long since lost its soul at the top end and lost touch with its heritage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Gaffer58
August 3, 2017, 10:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Ok, lets really be honest with ourselves and if Town were to progress to the Premier and consolidate, a bit like Watford,Swansea etc, how many who ridicule the Premier at the moment regarding plastic fans, no soul etc would stop going and support Cleethorpes. The Premier is the promised land that every team and real fan wants to be in, otherwise if Town achieve promotion this season we may as well refuse to go up. (Waits for the criticism)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
grimsby pete
August 3, 2017, 10:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Gaffer58
Ok, lets really be honest with ourselves and if Town were to progress to the Premier and consolidate, a bit like Watford,Swansea etc, how many who ridicule the Premier at the moment regarding plastic fans, no soul etc would stop going and support Cleethorpes. The Premier is the promised land that every team and real fan wants to be in, otherwise if Town achieve promotion this season we may as well refuse to go up. (Waits for the criticism)

Its just the stupid size of the fee and his wages,

There are millions living in poverty in Brazil so I hope he is sending some of that outrageous salary home.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
August 3, 2017, 11:08am
Guest User
let me think ! if PSG offered me £40 million a year what would i do??????
Reply: 5 - 19
moosey_club
August 3, 2017, 11:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Gaffer58

Lets be really really really honest....when its 50 + quid a game can we afford to go ?  Never mind the 5 quid a programme, 3:50  a tea and you are sat next to a Japanese tourist nattering on to his girlfriend about the oppositions Japanese national player ...i would just accept it isnt for me and listen on the radio instead.

I wouldnt support another team but i may go and watch just for some live football kicks, although slightly envious of Hull in the fact they made it there ahead of us i truly wouldnt want it long term.  One quick..."hello....we are Town" season would do for me as lets face it, there are only 2/3 mega rich teams with realistic hopes of succeeding in that League and being mid table, outside chance of a cup every season, whatever League you are in is ...boring.
At least in the lower Leagues its affordable boring and its "our" club.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
KingstonMariner
August 3, 2017, 11:16am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings
Absolutely. I was reading about the Neymar deal last night and was shocked at the numbers. £200 million transfer fee and £40 million a year in salary. Truly staggering.

It's bad enough when the transfer fee is £40m

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
sonofmadeleymariner
August 3, 2017, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
The amount of money being spent athe moment is a urine take on these so called "Financial Fair Play Rules".

Wage Caps, Transfer Limits, 8 British players starting every match.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Posh Harry
August 3, 2017, 2:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from 4055
let me think ! if PSG offered me £40 million a year what would i do??????

Nah, Paris is a dump full of the French.

I would stay in Barcelona 😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › THANK YOU SHEFFIELD FC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.