This thread currently has 9,695 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
northbankmariner
August 3, 2017, 7:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
With regards to this seasons budget. We cannot complain whatever it is really can we?

Income comes in many forms.
Money from the football league
Money through supporters, i.e. Ticket sales and merchandise.
Sponsorship money
Money through competitions and possibly to rights.
This alone would not sustain our beloved club.

Without the board, benign loans and money that they continue to put into the club, we WOULD fold. I am just grateful they didn't walk away when we were non league or heaven forbid insisted we go part time.

We cannot compete with larger clubs budgets, that's just a fact due to fans money and more marketing appeal to sponsors.

Am just happy we are on an upward curve and can at least compete in this division with reasonably optimistic expectations.

Operation promotion showed what a huge difference a little bit extra in the kitty can do. Now sensibly we cannot do an operation promotion every year but it wouldn't take much. For e.g if just every other fan purchased a half time draw ticket, not expensive, a pound, less than the price of a cuppa, this would generate approx £2000 extra each home game, thats as good as £50000 if we get a couple of home draws in the cups. That could easily pay for another players wages or tempt the the next good non league player to give it a go in the league.

Our fans are fantastic, and really support the club. I think we do ok budget wise, I really do. No complaints from me.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Budget

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.