forza ivano
August 3, 2017, 11:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from promotion plaice

Wilko must rate him from his time at Northampton !

Must know of him, but it was Robert page who was a real fan.had him at p.vale and then signed him on loan when he moved up market to the cobblers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 137
mariner91
August 3, 2017, 11:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,563
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Speaking to Vale season ticket holder tonight, says Hooper turns up for 1 in 5 games, very adept at cutting in from the left and hitting right foot curlers across the keeper but is pretty anonymous for most games. Lets see what hes like as a striker, but thats 2 attacking players we have signed from The Mighty Fail who managed a massive 45 league goals last season.

That's more than we got if you take away Bogle!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 137
Garth
August 4, 2017, 6:39am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Looks ok from the video, take a look at the defending though shocking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 137
LondonMariner43
August 4, 2017, 6:41am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Remember this guy is likely to be 5th choice after Jones, Asante, Cardwell and Vernon.  As a 5th choice he seems pretty good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 137
Davec
August 4, 2017, 6:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Remember this guy is likely to be 5th choice after Jones, Asante, Cardwell and Vernon.  As a 5th choice he seems pretty good

Who's going to be our number 9 then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 137
August 4, 2017, 7:07am
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
Must know of him, but it was Robert page who was a real fan.had him at p.vale and then signed him on loan when he moved up market to the cobblers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZksAWwwUQE

Could be ideal.

Have noted the 'lack of commitment' and 'turns up 1 game in 5' comments....but that means it's down to our management team to improve the player.
(Even assuming these observations are fair!)

Seems obvious he has ability and a bit of pace about him.
As you said - Wilko will know him - so in RS&PW we trust?

*** Can't see RS signing a player with a bad attitude hoping to change it. Much GTFC history suggests this is not the route to success. ***

Reply: 125 - 137
LH
August 4, 2017, 7:55am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Jones has been playing wide, Asante is long term injured, Vernon isn't one to rely on for loads of goals but is a different option I suppose and Cardwell is inexperienced but could come good on early showings. If we're going to Chesterfield tomorrow with Vernon isolated on his own up front as our main option then we best hope they're hopeless too.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 137
Superdan147
August 4, 2017, 8:00am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Must admit I was a little underwhelmed and slightly concerned when I read port vale fans comments BUT I've done some digging on JJ hooper and I have to say I'd be quite content. Here's a few points

10 Goals in 30 LEAGUE ONE starts isn't exactly disastourous. Ok you can add another 21 sub appearances too to this but still, it ain't terrible especially when you consider he was played out wide in a number of these games and port vale was a struggling and relegated side last year.

Rob page, paul bodin, Gary Johnson, aidy bothroyd, numerous non league managers and of course RS and PW have all wanted/have signed him and there is some experience in that group!

Port vale finished a very respectable 12th in league one 2 years ago with page in charge, sam Kelly (also slated by vale fans when we signed him) and JJ both played 28 times that season so must of contributed and done well and let's not forget they was both only 21 then! Vale only just went down last year by a single point despite managerial changes so it's hardly like we've signed two players from a rock bottom terrible team.

Sam Kelly like I've said was slated, he's looked decent in pre season and what we needed, a winger with pace, good delivery, decent passer.

I am going to ignore the bitter vale fans and see for myself. I honestly believe in an organised team, at a lower level than league one, that these two could be decent signings. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 137
newarkmariner
August 4, 2017, 8:22am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Superdan,what on earth do you think your doing coming on here with a common sense opinion on players, please stop stating true facts and figures, cant you please just get on board with the cheap option, bargain basement, we are all doomed brigade, UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 137
Jarmo.Is.God
August 4, 2017, 8:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Superdan147
Must admit I was a little underwhelmed and slightly concerned when I read port vale fans comments BUT I've done some digging on JJ hooper and I have to say I'd be quite content. Here's a few points

10 Goals in 30 LEAGUE ONE starts isn't exactly disastourous. Ok you can add another 21 sub appearances too to this but still, it ain't terrible especially when you consider he was played out wide in a number of these games and port vale was a struggling and relegated side last year.

Rob page, paul bodin, Gary Johnson, aidy bothroyd, numerous non league managers and of course RS and PW have all wanted/have signed him and there is some experience in that group!

Port vale finished a very respectable 12th in league one 2 years ago with page in charge, sam Kelly (also slated by vale fans when we signed him) and JJ both played 28 times that season so must of contributed and done well and let's not forget they was both only 21 then! Vale only just went down last year by a single point despite managerial changes so it's hardly like we've signed two players from a rock bottom terrible team.

Sam Kelly like I've said was slated, he's looked decent in pre season and what we needed, a winger with pace, good delivery, decent passer.

I am going to ignore the bitter vale fans and see for myself. I honestly believe in an organised team, at a lower level than league one, that these two could be decent signings. UTM

And if he is to play out wide for us, it means Jones will be more central, where he is at his best... Sounds good deal to me

Some players will score 15-20 goals a season in league 2, be called a great player, but not score any in the league above... could be a big difference
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 137
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New striker possibilities

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.