Reply: 50 - 63
Mariner93er
July 29, 2017, 11:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Apparently they're hoping he'll be back in september. Beyond revell, I'm not sure who else it can be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 63
RichMariner
July 30, 2017, 2:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Easy to say now but I felt it would end like this.

Yussuf seemed a fairly unnecessary signing, just like Maxwell was on loan. We didn't need him, and of course Bignot struggled to play him because he signed so many other players, like Asante and Jones, who played up front with Vernon after Bogle left.

I appreciated his efforts while he was here but it only ever felt like a temporary signing. I believe he signed an 18-month deal though. Always thought he'd move on because I got the feeling Slade didn't have him in his plans.

Sadly it's only when he leaves that Fishy posters finally learn to spell his name right. I've seen Youssuf, Yousuf, Yussef and Yusuf over these last few months!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 52 - 63
Mighty_Mariner
July 30, 2017, 10:13am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from RichMariner

Yussuf seemed a fairly unnecessary signing, just like Maxwell was on loan. We didn't need him, and of course Bignot struggled to play him because he signed so many other players, like Asante and Jones, who played up front with Vernon after Bogle left.

I appreciated his efforts while he was here but it only ever felt like a temporary signing. I believe he signed an 18-month deal though. Always thought he'd move on because I got the feeling Slade didn't have him in his plans.

Sadly it's only when he leaves that Fishy posters finally learn to spell his name right. I've seen Youssuf, Yousuf, Yussef and Yusuf over these last few months!

And this seems to be have bothered you somewhat!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 63
HertsGTFC
July 30, 2017, 10:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from RichMariner

How many Bignot signings did we actually need?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 63
Mariner_09
July 30, 2017, 10:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
I reckon we only needed 2 of them. Jones and Osborne. Dyson was no better than Vernon, Clements is ok but I would debate that he was any better than Summerfield or Berrett (get your red crosses out). Asante may be a very good acquisition he just needs to stay fit. Maxwell and Yussuf were 2 utterly pointless signings and Gunning I don't know where to start.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 63
HertsGTFC
July 30, 2017, 10:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09
I reckon we only needed 2 of them. Jones and Osborne. Dyson was no better than Vernon, Clements is ok but I would debate that he was any better than Summerfield or Berrett (get your red crosses out). Asante may be a very good acquisition he just needs to stay fit. Maxwell and Yussuf were 2 utterly pointless signings and Gunning I don't know where to start.

Osborne definitely, Jones did well but has actually looked very average in the 2 pre season games I've seen but will come good. Asante the snippets we saw looked decent but I'll be amazed if we get 20 games out of him this term, the rest? Self indulgent "one for the future" purchases that p1ssed away a chunk of the Omar money.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 63
mariner2000
July 30, 2017, 1:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Is Tyler Walker really the answer?  Is he the best we can get.  Doesn't inspire me as being the answer, just another kid learning his trade.

Suggestion is that there are some more experienced named in the frame...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 57 - 63
Swansea_Mariner
July 30, 2017, 2:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from HertsGTFC

How many Bignot signings did we actually need?

Same could be said of any manager.  Personally I thought on balance his recruitment was good, much better than the general standard of players recruited by Hurst in the last preseason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 63
HertsGTFC
July 30, 2017, 2:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Same could be said of any manager.  Personally I thought on balance his recruitment was good, much better than the general standard of players recruited by Hurst in the last preseason.

I guess it could, well of any manager who brought in as many players as Bignot did when there was already a relatively competent squad. Re quality the difference was Bignot had money, a little at the start of the window due to good attendances and a lot more once the Omar deal was done. If you look at Henderson, Andrew, Mills, Collins they where definite good additions by Hurst but not sure why we signed Berret and Summerfield but I'm still bemused why we signed Asante (poor injury record) Maxwell, Gunning, Youseff and Clements.        

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yussuf

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.