Tommy
July 28, 2017, 9:36pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Sigone
We want our youngsters to be given a chance, this could be his chance..Yussuf was never going to be used in a sole striking role, only out wide which is where Max plays. Not saying Max is a starter, but somewhere along the line, 1 or 2 of our young kids have to be given a chance in the first team or else whats the point,

Here here.

Have to remember not everyone is a "Wayne Rooney" ready to go into the first team at 17/18. Many players are still developing at that age (technically, physically, psychologically) until about 20/21.

It's worth us persevering with some young players we see potential in. Especially when next season the rule comes in where you have to have an academy graduate in your squad of 18 otherwise you can only name 6 subs. (The season after that you have to name 2 or lose 2 of your substitute places).

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 63
BeijingMariner
July 28, 2017, 9:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Sigone
He was especially when he got moved further forward into his proper position.  The left back marking him asked the ref how long to go, when he got told 14 mins his response was an exasperated "FFS".  

i heard the "FFS" but not the first bit, brilliant. He went at their defenders hammer and tongs, absolutely no fear and turned them more than once. great stuff.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 21 - 63
Perkins
July 28, 2017, 9:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Hagrid

No offence but why?

WHY ? Because he's ours, because he's talented, because he's got more bottle than most other kids of his age I've seen at BP for years, he was told by RS to show him what he could do to earn a contract, he's played in nearly every position but his own so far and never let himself or anyone down , he's certainly shown he's worth a deal as far as I'm concerned. Probably only a bencher this season but worth a deal. .
That's why.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 63
Hagrid
July 28, 2017, 10:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 527
Dont see it myself. Yeah everyone wants the youth to do well, including me, but if playing well against winterton means you think he's worthy of a contract then think you're barking mad. Not made an appearance in any of the games in the south, Think he got 5 mins against barnsley or blackburn. If slade thought he was good enough, he'd have played a part
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
Sigone
July 28, 2017, 10:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
In the games he has played so far, he has only played 20 mins in his proper position.  I think we would all be doubting danny collins if he was playing on the wing or up front.  Mind you that didn't stop mick lyons from doing that did it oops  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
jonnyboy82
July 28, 2017, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Sladey needs to give him a go at centre back before we know if he's any good .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 63
Perkins
July 28, 2017, 10:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
Dont see it myself. Yeah everyone wants the youth to do well, including me, but if playing well against winterton means you think he's worthy of a contract then think you're barking mad. Not made an appearance in any of the games in the south, Think he got 5 mins against barnsley or blackburn. If slade thought he was good enough, he'd have played a part

He probably would have played more of a part if RS hadn't been playing loads of trialists that don't impress and concentrate on his own players that do. I'm not basing him on the Winterton game alone, I'm basing him what I've seen when he's played in all games since he's been with us, ressies,  friendlies etc...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
AndyGTFC
July 28, 2017, 11:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +795
Gold Stars: 5
Shame but based on pre-season we're planning on playing something along the lines of the 4-2-3-1 that a lot of top flight sides play with Dembele/Jones behind a big striker so he's not gonna get much of a look in.

Could be wrong of course but makes sense with only Vernon, Cardwell and Asante left. Can then maybe bring Jay Rollins in for a natural winger who can play up front if we need a change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 63
forza ivano
July 29, 2017, 12:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
We can all argue about the rights or wrongs, but 1 fact remains. If it happens barrow have got themselves a quality signing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 63
GollyGTFC
July 29, 2017, 1:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,976
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
If Yussuf hadn't scored that goal at Hartlepool, they would of stayed up lol.  

No, Hartlepool would have been relegated by 1 point instead of 2.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yussuf

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.