TheGoalKipper
July 27, 2017, 12:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from Stew0_0
Full name  Marvin Willem Ofori-Appiah

Aged 23. Been in and around the Belgium squads under 18, 19 and 21.
Only 23 full appearances at 1st team level.

Obviously Slade not 100% sure on Mustoe yet.??
Rather we get the right man in now instead of having someone sub standard till the January Transfer window

So he will see this guy play Winterton and make a snap decision?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
Maringer
July 27, 2017, 12:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Mustoe looked OK to me the other night, but perhaps Slade wants the option of a bit more pace at the back? Assuming that this Belgian chap has more pace, of course. If he's been around the representative squads, you'd think he'd be nippy enough as the Belgians have had some flipping good young players in his age group.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
grimsby pete
July 27, 2017, 1:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from TheGoalKipper

So he will see this guy play Winterton and make a snap decision?

I would think if he shows promise he will be subbed and play some of the match against Wigan.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
headingly_mariner
July 27, 2017, 1:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
we need someone. I thought that Mustoe was a little lost and out of his depth on Tuesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
oldun
July 27, 2017, 1:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from headingly_mariner
we need someone. I thought that Mustoe was a little lost and out of his depth on Tuesday.

Grew into the game though. I did not think Dixon was any better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Mrbump53
July 27, 2017, 1:54pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Could be that the others have/want a higher signing on fee than slade prepared to pay or they have agents who are asking for a large fee. He may also want to sign more than one left back so have got some options in case of injury. Either way think he will make a move after tonight and to be fair all have been fairly decent (not comparing anyone to Danny Andrews as this is pointless as he has gone).

Think we have looked really good at time during preseason although a bit "rusty" in places but positive signs.

Roll on Chesterfield who have not been very complimentary about GTFC dragging up stories from 20 years ago and the game on the first day of the season is our "cup final" as hoping the team can give them a surprise  (or two)!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
Les Brechin
July 27, 2017, 2:02pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Mrbump53
Could be that the others have/want a higher signing on fee than slade prepared to pay or they have agents who are asking for a large fee. He may also want to sign more than one left back so have got some options in case of injury. Either way think he will make a move after tonight and to be fair all have been fairly decent (not comparing anyone to Danny Andrews as this is pointless as he has gone).

Think we have looked really good at time during preseason although a bit "rusty" in places but positive signs.

Roll on Chesterfield who have not been very complimentary about GTFC dragging up stories from 20 years ago and the game on the first day of the season is our "cup final" as hoping the team can give them a surprise  (or two)!

Indeed, I was just having a little peek at their forum yesterday and, as you say most are not very complimentary at all about us.

I think this was my favourite quote though, after we'd been given more tickets.

Quoted Text
I think I hate these scum more than any other team. Personally, I'd contain them in one end, rather than giving them the opportunity to spread more violence

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
headingly_mariner
July 27, 2017, 2:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from oldun

Grew into the game though. I did not think Dixon was any better.

Dixon was steady and defensively strong. Mustoe looked alright on the ball, but lost when defending
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Stew0_0
July 27, 2017, 2:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,199
Gold Stars: 35
Would make sense for us to sign 2 LB's by the end of August. We had Andrew and cover (not that it was needed) in Dan Jones last season. Very rare these days that a player appears in every game in a season these days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
Les Brechin
July 27, 2017, 3:01pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Stew0_0
Would make sense for us to sign 2 LB's by the end of August. We had Andrew and cover (not that it was needed) in Dan Jones last season. Very rare these days that a player appears in every game in a season these days.

I'm available.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Belgian Left back on Trial

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.