moosey_club
July 23, 2017, 10:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from wigworld
I broadly agree with everything said, but what if we ever made it to that level?

Do you view Bournemouth supporters with the same contempt as top 6 supporters? Not meaning to be antagonistic, genuinely curious.

Woz's post sums it up for me.

Just as bad if not worse.....the only reason their club exists is because they went belly up instead of paying their debtors off.....yes alot as gone on since then and they have achieved success on the pitch..but only because they wiped out their debt overnight and enabled themselves to start spending again.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
HertsGTFC
July 23, 2017, 10:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from moosey_club

Just as bad if not worse.....the only reason their club exists is because they went belly up instead of paying their debtors off.....yes alot as gone on since then and they have achieved success on the pitch..but only because they wiped out their debt overnight and enabled themselves to start spending again.

And subsequently attracted some wealthier backers than a former fish merchant and semi retired solicitor.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
KingstonMariner
July 23, 2017, 11:02am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from newarkmariner
I have no interest in the premiership at all, as for the money that's splashed about its obscene. Kingston Mariner said avoid pubs that have sky sports and I have to agree and disagree, as some know on here I run a pub in Newark(Town scarf and Shirt above the bar,annoys the hell out off the gimps who come in) and I don't have sky and the reason is the cost £977 a month and that doesn't include BT sport which is another £390,its calculated on the rateable value of your premises. Had a pub in Newcastle it was £1700 a month there. However some pubs are struggling to keep there heads above water and the only way they can is by competing for the plastics trade and to think that when the euro cups begin footy is on nearly 7 days a week,  hence they pay it because they dare not and sky know this,Robbing Bar stewards

Pubs are in a real cleft stick I agree NM.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Eastendmariner
July 23, 2017, 11:41am
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
soo boring premier league they can all urine off to mars and play their so called 39th game there for all I care over rated product and has been for years

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
Theimperialcoroner
July 23, 2017, 5:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,140
Gold Stars: 102
What pub is it NewarkM? I regularly have a drink over there.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
newarkmariner
July 23, 2017, 6:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Old kings Arms in the town centre,always a warm welcome to a fellow mariner and an abusive one for gimps  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
hampshiremariner
July 23, 2017, 8:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Bournemouth were so very close to going into the dreaded Conference. That match against us that they won was on a knife edge.
I'm sick of the Premier League as well. The football is sterile. Chelsea? What a boring side. They are still selling the 'the PL is the best in the world league' but I prefer La Liga and the Bundesliga. Our big clubs have been rubbish in the Champions' League over the past few years and I don't think the EPL is as good as they think.
My grandson has a ticket ticket with his dad at St Mary's where they saw Southampton score 17 goals in 19 home games. Someone worked it out that for his season ticket it was about £50 per goal.
The other thing is that the PL is a big factor i n the decline of the national team. I don't watch them either-totally boring and uninspiring football. Some of the most refreshing football I watched last season was a schoolgirls' under 13 game. They played uninhibited football and it was good to watch it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
ginnywings
July 23, 2017, 9:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
The women's national footy team beat Spain 2-0 tonight. Could have been more with one goal wrongly chalked off for offside. This is after stuffing the sweaties 6-0. Women's cricket team won the World Cup today as well.

I wonder how long it will be before big money corrupts the ladies game?

Not the Prem but i noticed today that PSG have met the buy out clause of Neymar, which is £199 million. Financial fair play? Fecking crazy it's getting. Man City pay over £100 million for 2 full backs also.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why I hate the Premier League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.