3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Oly1987
July 21, 2017, 5:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
just thought it was worth reminding people who keep saying we only have 2 centre backs that we have young Keeble as cover. Not only is a centre back he's also a town youth product (which from other threads seems to be something we should see more of). I saw him against the scunny boys and although the level of competition  was low he looked very composed and mature for his age, not afraid to put his body on the line and looked like he definitely deserves at least a spot on the bench in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Heisenberg
July 21, 2017, 5:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,760
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Oly1987
just thought it was worth reminding people who keep saying we only have 2 centre backs that we have young Keeble as cover. Not only is a centre back he's also a town youth product (which from other threads seems to be something we should see more of). I saw him against the scunny boys and although the level of competition  was low he looked very composed and mature for his age, not afraid to put his body on the line and looked like he definitely deserves at least a spot on the bench in my opinion.

Good on the kid, hope he makes it.

This whole saga just gets more annoying though; people can blame Shaun Pearson for moving on hastily, but honestly, if Slade wanted to keep him (I have my doubts that he did) then he should have told Fenty of his intentions and got him signed-up immediately.  This club does frustrate me at times with it's slapdash approach to these sort of things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Mariner93er
July 21, 2017, 6:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,666
Gold Stars: 28
It would seem he will be 4th choice centre back, so you'd imagine he'd get opportunities at some point, probably in the cup. Slade must have some belief in him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
grimsby pete
July 21, 2017, 6:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Jack's granddad also played for Town and was a decent full back.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Hertsmariner
July 22, 2017, 10:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
In fact I was going to ask if he was descended from Brian, who I remember well-shows my age! Thought young Keeble played well at Boston today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
dapperz fun pub
July 23, 2017, 6:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,685
Gold Stars: 81
I know lots on here don't like to hear it but the general feeling about Pearson was he was to slow especially on the turn, he's a top lad I've spoke to him a few times and wish him all the best in foreign lands
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
MuddyWaters
July 23, 2017, 7:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I know lots on here don't like to hear it but the general feeling about Pearson was he was to slow especially on the turn, he's a top lad I've spoke to him a few times and wish him all the best in foreign lands

Agree. Shaun's a great lad, decent Conference defender and OK at L2 level but he said himself that he made mistakes in the last few games last season and RS judged what he saw. Time to move on.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 23, 2017, 11:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from grimsby pete
Jack's granddad also played for Town and was a decent full back.

He was a good player, Pete. Probably would have appreciated his grandson being skipper against Boston too. I seem to remember Brian came from that neck of the woods.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
fishyfanny
July 23, 2017, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.96
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
Are you sure it's Brian's grandson?  I read an article about Jack and his brother, and it states his Mums name as Lisa.  I know the names of both of Brian's kids and neither is Lisa. Does anyone know his parents names?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
KingstonMariner
July 23, 2017, 6:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from fishyfanny
Are you sure it's Brian's grandson?  I read an article about Jack and his brother, and it states his Mums name as Lisa.  I know the names of both of Brian's kids and neither is Lisa. Does anyone know his parents names?

If his surname is Keeble then it's his dad who's the child of Brian.

(Unless you are suggesting something about the Boston link )

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jack Keeble

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.