Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signings (or lack of )
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 269 Guests

Signings (or lack of )

This thread currently has 9,168 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
July 22, 2017, 11:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Its interesting how it looks like Exeter have sold a few players for fees in the last few years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
newarkmariner
July 22, 2017, 12:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Pathetic thread by someone who clearly is bored and just decides that 6 decent signings and a handful of trialists in a team who are unbeaten in preseason and actually look good isn't good enough for him so kick-starts the doom and gloom brigade, jog on your boring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
mariner91
July 22, 2017, 12:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
I'd be surprised if we didn't sign Karleigh Osborne who sounds decent from reports and is a bit of a beast which would compliment Collins and/or Clarke well. I'd also be surprised if we didn't sign at least one of Mustoe or Dixon so we'll get a left back. Would love to see Robinson signed as well for a bit more power and pace going forward but think that boat has sailed now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
jonnyboy82
July 22, 2017, 2:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from newarkmariner
Pathetic thread by someone who clearly is bored and just decides that 6 decent signings and a handful of trialists in a team who are unbeaten in preseason and actually look good isn't good enough for him so kick-starts the doom and gloom brigade, jog on your boring.

If you actually read it and engaged a brain cell you would see I wasn't having a go  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
chaos33
July 22, 2017, 3:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Not really worried at this point as it's hard to gauge where we are up to in terms of overall squad quality until there's a chance to make a comparison with other L2 rivals. I'd probably feel a bit more relaxed if we had at least one left back of good quality and at least one more centre back, plus a quality striker - as many have pointed out, but it's obviously a work in progress and there's every chance that the squad might contain 4 or 5 different players by the new year compared to that that which starts the season. Obviously, a poor start would provoke concern, but every reason to be optimistic of at least holding our own I think.

I'm generally more at ease with Slade in charge than I would be if it was Bignot, or even Hurst.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
KingstonMariner
July 22, 2017, 5:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

They'll be some Bogle money left not loads but some, don't forget while we did have a big squad after January people where still coming to games and buying stuff in the shop etc...the club didn't stop taking money through the regular channels. I doubt we where taking less money than we where spending plus we would have got more TV income than the last 6 seasons not millions but a slice. If the balance sheet was less than last year I'd be amazed and we would have certainly been banging the season ticket drum louder.

The accounts should be out soon. Will be interesting to see how much of a jump we've had from 2016.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
Garth
July 22, 2017, 5:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from chaos33
Not really worried at this point as it's hard to gauge where we are up to in terms of overall squad quality until there's a chance to make a comparison with other L2 rivals. I'd probably feel a bit more relaxed if we had at least one left back of good quality and at least one more centre back, plus a quality striker - as many have pointed out, but it's obviously a work in progress and there's every chance that the squad might contain 4 or 5 different players by the new year compared to that that which starts the season. Obviously, a poor start would provoke concern, but every reason to be optimistic of at least holding our own I think.

I'm generally more at ease with Slade in charge than I would be if it was Bignot, or even Hurst.

Has this man found another club yet?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
arryarryarry
July 22, 2017, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from newarkmariner

We have no idea how good or decent they are until we have seen them play a few League 2 games.  
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
Garth
July 22, 2017, 6:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from arryarryarry

We have no idea how good or decent they are until we have seen them play a few League 2 games.  

Same go`s for all the other teams in League 2, pre season talk and results are just pie in the sky till the real stuff starts
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
arryarryarry
July 22, 2017, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Garth

Same go`s for all the other teams in League 2, pre season talk and results are just pie in the sky till the real stuff starts

Exactly.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signings (or lack of )

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.