Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signings (or lack of )
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 197 Guests

Signings (or lack of )

This thread currently has 9,167 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
July 21, 2017, 4:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
What's the point in worrying? I'm sure management know what they are doing.

The only slight concern for me is we have 5 defenders including Keeble and about a dozen midfielders, some of whom must surely be moved on. We have quite a few strikers as well and possibly another to come. I think we need to bring in 3 or 4 players and ship a few out and we're sorted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
Garth
July 21, 2017, 4:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Looking at the squad that went daaan saaaaf plus McAlister there's a lot of players there. No doubt RS will need to unload some at least on loan if only to reduce the wage bill a bit.

I suspect that a fair bit of Boglecash has already been spent on signings last season and that RS will be in no hurry. He will be pleased with the performances of the strikers so far and will want to see them against more of the Barnsley type opposition. If he is going to spend my guess would be that he will wait and see first but he will have alternatives in mind.

It will be interesting to see who plays in the next game or two after Boston because he must be getting close to deciding his opening day line up.

He will have his targets regarding the no 9 shirt, as it is.  it seems that the squad at the moment has plenty of pace and goals in it even if it is against lower opposition, plenty of twists and turns to come yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
Youngy
July 21, 2017, 4:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Now before any one is thinking I'm having a go at the club by my thoughts here I'm not.

I'm just sat here thinking to myself about our summer transfer activity and how Russell Slade was bought in to take our recruitment and overall drive of the club forward or should I say the next level (John fentys words not mine ) but I cant help but think it's all been a bit of an anti climax or damp squid whatever you want to call it.

We sold Bogle for around a million quid and with the season week or so away we genuinely have no replacement bought in to replace our main striker, now I'm not saying we should blow cash on a player but what I am saying is genuinely were is our "striker" which will replace him ?

We made the management change to push out club forward and show ambition this season as again John fenty said on paper he wants a top end finish and he felt bignot was not going to deliver that , well hang on a minute selling Bogle and chancing your luck on trialists with days away from the start of the season is not exactly showing intent or supporting the manager with funds needed to deliver the finish fenty wants at the end of the season.

I'm genuinely not sure what to think ATM we have bought in a few young lads in on frees from clubs and taken a chance , we have some still on trial which is normal practice but were is this Bogle money or at least a part of it being invested in another bogle or to strengthen us for the present to really improve on last season.

I don't know if it's John not making money available for a player or if Russell hasn't found anyone but again the whole reason for the management change was to kick on but I can't help but feel a little short changed .

I am not having a go like I said but I really am struggling to see what we are really trying to do as getting some trialist here and hoping he has something is all well and good but come on let's face it we need some real quality and fast if we are going to get what the man himself said he wanted and that's a playoff finish.

I think Karleigh Osbourne will sign which will give us 4 centre backs, left back is still the priority and a striker would be the cherry on top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
Southwark Mariner
July 21, 2017, 5:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
Is Tom Sawyer on the trip? I think he signed a pro contract at the same time as Keeble but not heard him mentioned (I don't think).
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
OllieGTFC
July 21, 2017, 5:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Lack of signing 6 summers signing 🤔 Pointless thread

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
Heisenberg
July 21, 2017, 5:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,034
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Lack of signing 6 summers signing 🤔 Pointless thread

Two (shall we say) 'mature' centre halves and no left back by the end of July would suggest a lack of signings in my book.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
Maringer
July 21, 2017, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,482
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Abdul19
I mean, all squids are damp.

Provably [url=http://theasiancookshop.co.uk/dried-squid-3269-p.asp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7azThuOa1QIVh5PtCh2WKAuWEAQYAiABEgJRDfD_BwE]untrue[/url].
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
Tommy
July 21, 2017, 5:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
With all the talk of a "Bogle replacement", are we forgetting that Sam Jones scored 7 goals in 16 games in the second half of last season after Bogle left.

He should easily be aiming for 20+ goals next season.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
friskneymariner
July 21, 2017, 5:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Abdul19
I mean, all squids are damp.

Not if they are deep fried they are not.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
Grantley
July 21, 2017, 6:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Does all transfer money that comes in have to be re-spent on players? At clubs like ours, we should probably be investing in the infrastructure a bit more? Or even paying off some of those 'benign loans'.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signings (or lack of )

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.