Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another Arry
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 136 Guests

Another Arry

This thread currently has 4,620 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
July 21, 2017, 9:53am
Guest User
I have just finished a book written by Harry Redknapp called Always Managing.  It's a very good read and gives you a glimpse as to what goes on at a Football club from the inside.  I recommend it to all Fishy members especially to see what can affect transfers and also see how one player can effectively run the dressing room, and not in a good way.  There are many interesting snippets that will open your eyes into the running of a club.  Go on, have a read!
moosey_club
July 21, 2017, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,142
Gold Stars: 220
Wouldnt put a penny in that dodgy geezers pocket.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
jaygy
July 21, 2017, 10:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
I was looking to buy that one next, just finished both of Roy Keanes books and before that I read Keith Gillespies which was excellent! Moving onto Jamie Vardys next.

I really like the sort of books that give you an insight into lower league clubs and footballers if anyone has any recommendations? I have read Buckley, Macca and Chris Hargreaves which were all a great read
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Abdul19
July 21, 2017, 11:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from jaygy

I really like the sort of books that give you an insight into lower league clubs and footballers if anyone has any recommendations? I have read Buckley, Macca and Chris Hargreaves which were all a great read

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Journeyman-odyssey-through-leagues-football/dp/1849548544

This is supposed to be very good, keep meaning to read it myself.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Tradjazz
July 21, 2017, 12:37pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
Don't rush. It will be a pound soon at a charity shop near you.

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 18
Posh Harry
July 21, 2017, 12:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from moosey_club
Wouldnt put a penny in that dodgy geezers pocket.

No problem moosey. All the proceeds are going into the account of their cat Jim.

Apparently not even he is stupid enough to put it in Rosie the dogs name again 😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Cloudy
July 21, 2017, 1:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Abdul19

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Journeyman-odyssey-through-leagues-football/dp/1849548544

This is supposed to be very good, keep meaning to read it myself.

Just read it myself. Not fantastic but an insight into Steve Evans' management style is interesting even if it leaves you thinking how on Earth he and Raynor have been successful.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
golfer
July 21, 2017, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,373
Gold Stars: 111
Another good book is  "The Snake in the Bunker"-can't remember who wrote it but supposed to be the "Book of the Year"-£19-99 at all good book shops. All proceeds go to the FC/G charity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
benny1618
July 21, 2017, 5:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +34
Gold Stars: 2
The smell of football by ex player and physio Mick Rathbone is a great read, some really interesting moments about his involvement with Halfax in troubled times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
grimsby pete
July 21, 2017, 6:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Many years ago I read a book written by an ex Lincoln City player,

Sorry I can not remember his name or who the manager was at the time,

BUT

I do remember this    " he said the manager was really strict and the players had to obey his every instruction, one game they were playing away at a top team and he instructed them to keep it tight and play the safe ball all the time, after about 80 mins if it still was 0-0 then and only then should they go forward and try and score the winner,
Well as it happened after about 2 minutes the said player got the ball just inside his own half, he moved forward and the opponents just kept backing off, I nearly got to the penalty area without anybody making a challenge and with no one supporting me I thought I would have a shot,
Yes you guessed it I scored !!!!!!!!!
The boss went mad at me and at half time he shouted at me in full voice, why don't you ever do what I tell you and he then subbed me."

True story  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another Arry

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.