Grim74
July 26, 2017, 9:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer

Of course, fundamentally, you'll hear a lot about this as it gives the Tories and their supporting press something else to bash the BBC with - you should never forget they would dearly love to privatise/sell of the Beeb because they are fundamentally opposed to the concept of an impartial public broadcaster and the right-wing media would love to get rid of a competitor .

Impartial broadcaster are you having a flipping laugh?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
ginnywings
July 27, 2017, 12:03am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grim74

So what they work for the private sector the market dictates, some footballers get that a month good luck to them.

Care to name them?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Grim74
July 27, 2017, 8:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Care to name them?

Yeah ok but I'm sure even you get the point.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
Maringer
July 27, 2017, 10:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,397
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Grim74

Impartial broadcaster are you having a flipping laugh?

Well, yeah, we know their news arm is controlled by right wingers (James Harding, Andrew Neil, Sarah Sands) who were formerly employed by the non-domiciled billionaires who own much of the right-wing media. And we know that multiple academic studies have shown BBC bias against the Labour party or Corbyn in recent years. Oh, and the BBC Trust admitted that their political editor broke impartiality and accuracy rules when misrepresenting something said by Corbyn in an interview last year, but, apart from that, they are theoretically impartial.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
ginnywings
July 27, 2017, 11:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grim74

Yeah ok but I'm sure even you get the point.

Damning with faint praise.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
KingstonMariner
July 27, 2017, 8:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grim74

So what they work for the private sector the market dictates, some footballers get that a month good luck to them.

Doesn't justify it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
Grim74
July 29, 2017, 10:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Well, yeah, we know their news arm is controlled by right wingers (James Harding, Andrew Neil, Sarah Sands) who were formerly employed by the non-domiciled billionaires who own much of the right-wing media. And we know that multiple academic studies have shown BBC bias against the Labour party or Corbyn in recent years. Oh, and the BBC Trust admitted that their political editor broke impartiality and accuracy rules when misrepresenting something said by Corbyn in an interview last year, but, apart from that, they are theoretically impartial.

I'm not just talking about the news arm who do tend to go with the headlines from certain papers but still spew their liberal agenda, can you not just admit the BBC in general is totally biased regardless? Agree they were biased against corbyn at the time as they was against Cameron and now turned on May, but they have always been very much pro Labour, look at the election coverage here the USA and France totally biased coverage, what about Brexit again totally biased, and they have been hammered on the Gaza - Israel conflict, how you can say they are impartial is beyond a joke.

Giving me one out of the ten executives and two correspondents that may be classed as from the right doesn't prove the BBC's impartiality either, many top managers and presenters big names who work or have worked at the BBC are on record time and time again, Comfirming the bias there, the place is stuffed full of guardian reading leftys and leftwing propaganda according to them, I posted you the names on the Corbyn forum not long ago.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BBC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.