6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
scrumble
July 20, 2017, 8:41am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
I'm assuming this will apply to MP's pensions as well?

All this on the same day we find out Gary Lineker gets paid £2m to talk balderdash about football

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
ginnywings
July 20, 2017, 8:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I wonder what the people who voted to come out of the EU on immigration grounds will make of the article Maringer linked to. They will say it's lefty scaremongering i suppose but it's too late now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
Southwark Mariner
July 20, 2017, 11:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Maringer

OK, it's not likely to be Logan's Run territory, but still...  

So I had the idea of shoving lots of old people onto old cruise ships, sailing them over to somewhere where nursing care is super cheap and moor up. Relatives can fly over to visit if they want, but the old people get lovely warm weather, good healthcare at an affordable price to the country...with the occasional shipping disaster. I was going to call it Carousel Cruises.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
KingstonMariner
July 20, 2017, 8:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

So I had the idea of shoving lots of old people onto old cruise ships, sailing them over to somewhere where nursing care is super cheap and moor up. Relatives can fly over to visit if they want, but the old people get lovely warm weather, good healthcare at an affordable price to the country...with the occasional shipping disaster. I was going to call it Carousel Cruises.

and be cared for by the same people who used to do it here! Neat  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
arryarryarry
August 9, 2017, 4:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings
I wonder what the people who voted to come out of the EU on immigration grounds will make of the article Maringer linked to. They will say it's lefty scaremongering i suppose but it's too late now.

Mmmm a left wing think tank article in the anti-Brexit Guardian.

The words Bull & excrement spring to mind.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
Maringer
August 9, 2017, 4:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Anyone with half an ounce of sense is anti-Brexit, but there you go.

As for me linking a report from a left-wing think tank which is open about it's funding, well, there's nothing wrong with that.

Feel free to link to reports from any of the right-wing think tanks we hear so much about in the media such as Policy Exchange, Adam Smith Institute and Institute of Economic Affairs etc etc who for some reason refuse to reveal who actually funds them. They must be trustworthy, eh?

That said, even these palpably dishonest right-wing think tanks don't support Brexit, so that might be a trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
arryarryarry
August 9, 2017, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Maringer
Anyone with half an ounce of sense is anti-Brexit, but there you go.

As for me linking a report from a left-wing think tank which is open about it's funding, well, there's nothing wrong with that.

Feel free to link to reports from any of the right-wing think tanks we hear so much about in the media such as Policy Exchange, Adam Smith Institute and Institute of Economic Affairs etc etc who for some reason refuse to reveal who actually funds them. They must be trustworthy, eh?

That said, even these palpably dishonest right-wing think tanks don't support Brexit, so that might be a trouble.

In your opinion, shame not more voted to stay then so obviously not enough with 1/2 an ounce of sense.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
Maringer
August 9, 2017, 11:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Apparently not, though I'd hope that a lot of those who voted to leave had just been misled by the dishonest claims of some of the more rabid Brexiteers. Regardless, the overall quality of the debate was so poor that most people didn't have a clue what leaving the EU would entail even as they voted. Just like most of the politicians in government now. And many of those outside it, for that matter.

The negotiations have barely begun and it is cringeworthy just how poorly prepared we already appear to be. Not surprising when you see the clowns who have been put in place to take the fall when it goes mammaries up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
Grim74
August 10, 2017, 9:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
Apparently not, though I'd hope that a lot of those who voted to leave had just been misled by the dishonest claims of some of the more rabid Brexiteers. Regardless, the overall quality of the debate was so poor that most people didn't have a clue what leaving the EU would entail even as they voted.

I beg to differ every home in the Country was given this biased propaganda and the Majority still voted out we knew exactly what we was voting for.
https://www.gov.uk/government/.....-decision-for-the-uk

A once in a generation decision it concludes.... we are leaving so accept it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
grimsby pete
August 10, 2017, 10:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Any Prime Minister with any sense at all would not have given the country the right to leave,

IF they felt there was any chance of us voting to leave ,

BUT

He did and we did so lets see what happens before there is any more doom and gloom posts.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › State pension

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.