KingstonMariner
July 25, 2017, 7:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93

Bit by bit freedom of movement is being encroached on. The Ariana Grande concert was a target because of young girls wearing what they wanted, including make up and dancing to music, something that is banned in most extreme Muslim countries. London was targeted because people where out enjoying themselves and drinking both of which extreme Muslims want to stop.

How far is this going to go, at Barnet they got rid of bins to stop terrorists from putting bombs in bins inside the ground.

I thought you were going to say, we go to Blundell Park to NOT enjoy ourselves so we're safe.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
Maringer
July 25, 2017, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
No search for me tonight, just waved straight through, though I did leave my turban at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
lukeo
July 25, 2017, 8:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Too soon maringer too soon  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
Marinerz93
July 25, 2017, 11:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
No search for me tonight, just waved straight through, though I did leave my turban at home.

Various religions wear turbans, such as Sikhs and Ethiopian Orthodox Christian priests, so not everyone who wears one wants to blow up or stop people from having fun.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
Balthazar Bullitt
July 26, 2017, 1:41am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from ivanosandwich
Apologies if already posted but it seems we are all in for some extra security checks when we enter the ground this season.

When I arrived at the Lower Findus or whatever it's called these days for the Barnsley game, I was told by security that when the season starts searches will be performed on all people entering the ground and we will be asked to empty our pockets and place all our belongings into a basket for further screening. I am not sure if this means that airport style checks will be included and if not, why do we need to put our belongings into a basket?

Was this bloke wearing a sandwich board with "the end of the world is nigh" on it?

Perhaps our SLO could ask the club what new arrangements will be in place?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
July 26, 2017, 6:01am
Guest User
A complete f*cking pantomime. (Which will deter a few paying customers, obviously)

This is meaningless UNLESS all the kitbags of the visiting team are similarly inspected - 'terrorists' would soon spot
such a security loophole.

Has the club made appropriate background checks on the 'trained stewards' to ensure (a) they are not themselves
terrorists, and (b) would certainly refuse a large bung to skip a check.
This level of  security surely demands that every GTFC employee be checked with the police and CIA......

Does anybody seriously think that these measures will prevent a determined terrorist assault on BP?

But let's assume that BP becomes terrorist-untouchable.
Then the bad guys will blow up Freshney Place....where lots of people carry unscrutinized bags!

Any security expert will tell you that 100% security is impossible....so this is just a charade.
Reply: 55 - 61
Maringer
July 26, 2017, 8:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Marinerz93

Various religions wear turbans, such as Sikhs and Ethiopian Orthodox Christian priests, so not everyone who wears one wants to blow up or stop people from having fun.

Well, obviously. I just thought turban sounded more pithy than shalwar kameez.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
LH
July 26, 2017, 9:27am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,495
Gold Stars: 173
The search I had at the Barnsley game wasn't exactly thorough. Having such basic searches yet searching everyone is time consuming and doesn't exactly increase security. I think that these searches might actually be targetted at people they suspect of smuggling in pyro, booze etc and they are using the terrorist title to get people to co-operate.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
Simariner
July 26, 2017, 9:31am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from LH
The search I had at the Barnsley game wasn't exactly thorough. Having such basic searches yet searching everyone is time consuming and doesn't exactly increase security. I think that these searches might actually be targetted at people they suspect of smuggling in pyro, booze etc and they are using the terrorist title to get people to co-operate.

Its an excuse to search people with the goods as you've mentioned.  Why they mentioned it was because of the Manchester bombings attacks to me god only knows...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 61
Kristine
July 26, 2017, 9:42am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt

Was this bloke wearing a sandwich board with "the end of the world is nigh" on it?

Perhaps our SLO could ask the club what new arrangements will be in place?

Funnily enough this is why I logged on  

Every single fan will not be asked to empty out their pockets onto a table as per Stevenage away last season. As always bags will be searched and robust random searching will take place.  Therefore no real change to last season. As we've got Stevenage away early on I will be contacting them soon to find out what they are planning so this time I'm not tweeting an hour before kick off and we end up with the same scenario as last time.

Yes there is emphasis from the police and other organisations to take into consideration terrorist threats for which I need to tweet about an app to report anything considered suspicious.  That won't specifically be with regards to Grimsby Town matches but for general self awareness.

Hope that clears things up.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Security checks

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.