7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
July 19, 2017, 6:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I know some people say it's only a 4th division game, but if every other club in our league did the search and not us would any idiots look upon us as an easy target?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 19, 2017, 6:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Perkins

If you can do that, i suggest you urgently see your Doctor, or else audition for Britain's got Talent.

He didn't mention he got caught trying to sneak a couple of mates in for free did he?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
Garth
July 19, 2017, 7:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Gaffer58
I know some people say it's only a 4th division game, but if every other club in our league did the search and not us would any idiots look upon us as an easy target?

Did not bother me at Stevenage every thing on the table, quick pat down, pick up your things and away 30 seconds max, in todays daft world a small price to pay
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
LongEatonMariner
July 19, 2017, 7:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1

At a 4th division footy match?! Youre having a laugh surely? Mrs. Smith, Town fan for 40 years is unlikley to wearing a suicide vest is she?

If anybody misbehaves at a match or invades the playing surface they should be dealt with according to the rules laid down.

Do I need to highlight the "if the threat is real" bit in my original post?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
LongEatonMariner
July 19, 2017, 7:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker

At a 4th division footy match?! Youre having a laugh surely? Mrs. Smith, Town fan for 40 years is unlikley to wearing a suicide vest is she?

If anybody misbehaves at a match or invades the playing surface they should be dealt with according to the rules laid down.

Do I need to highlight the "if the threat is real" bit in my original post?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
LongEatonMariner
July 19, 2017, 7:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Sorry, but of a New York New York moment there 🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
louth_in_the_south
July 19, 2017, 8:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from Garth

Did not bother me at Stevenage every thing on the table, quick pat down, pick up your things and away 30 seconds max, in todays daft world a small price to pay

It might not have bothered you mate but it did the 200 or so stuck outside who had to empty their pockets onto a table when the game had kicked off . Why should fans get to the ground 30 mins before ko if they don't want to just so some amateurish search can be carried out for hunting knives and 12 bores ffs ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
louth_in_the_south
July 19, 2017, 8:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from moosey_club

Maybe the club could define a "dont mind getting blown up" section at BP then just for you and those that object so badly to crowd safety !!   FFS.

I went to Stevenage...and a fair few others away from BP last season and have been frisked at almost all of them, a quick pat down is all i have ever encountered which takes about 15 seconds. Hardly a huge impact on my away day.

I'd quite happily stand in a section marked "non paranoid fans at a 4th Div game of no political relevance " if it meant I could roll up at 2:59 and walk straight in cheers mate . I'd even wear a jacket with a big bullseye on the back just to take the pi.ss a bit more .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
LH
July 19, 2017, 8:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,497
Gold Stars: 173
Grimsby could easily become a target - in the aftermath of Lee Rigby's murder some twit tried burning the town's Islamic centre down! That sort of thing is remembered by extremists and those vulnerable to fall into extremism. That said it'd take a pretty idiotic terrorist to attack a pre-season friendly at BP. No profile, small crowd, small town. None of it suggests the world notoriety that they desire to me.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
moosey_club
July 19, 2017, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

I'd quite happily stand in a section marked "non paranoid fans at a 4th Div game of no political relevance " if it meant I could roll up at 2:59 and walk straight in cheers mate . I'd even wear a jacket with a big bullseye on the back just to take the pi.ss a bit more .

Explain that phrase to teenage fans of Ariana Grande, folks on London Bridge etc etc.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Security checks

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.