moosey_club
July 19, 2017, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
If this happens you have to question whether the terrorists have won ? It's a 4th Div football match ffs . Are isis really looking at the fixture list and thinking oh yeah grimsby v Accrington let's bomb the fookers ? No way . It's just an idea from a jumped up safety officer with too much time on his hands . I'm willing and sure most others are to risk getting blown up at BP to not have the hassle of getting a search like at Stevenage, which is more likely to cause a fight between fans and stewards than some jihady who's got lost and ended up at cleethorpes

Maybe the club could define a "dont mind getting blown up" section at BP then just for you and those that object so badly to crowd safety !!   FFS.

I went to Stevenage...and a fair few others away from BP last season and have been frisked at almost all of them, a quick pat down is all i have ever encountered which takes about 15 seconds. Hardly a huge impact on my away day.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
lew chaterleys lover
July 19, 2017, 3:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from moosey_club

Maybe the club could define a "dont mind getting blown up" section at BP then just for you and those that object so badly to crowd safety !!   FFS.

I went to Stevenage...and a fair few others away from BP last season and have been frisked at almost all of them, a quick pat down is all i have ever encountered which takes about 15 seconds. Hardly a huge impact on my away day.

Complete hyperbole - lets keep a sense of perspective for goodness sake or the terrorists have indeed won. I bet they are having a laugh now seeing that 4th division football matches are now deemed worthy of "increased security" which is what they want - to intimidate us and our way of life. Anybody who wanted to blow up Blundell Park would be able to do so and checking on pensioners flasks is going to make no difference to that.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
arryarryarry
July 19, 2017, 4:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Will flags be deconstructed before being allowed into the ground?
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
ginnywings
July 19, 2017, 4:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,105
Gold Stars: 548
I think anyone in a suicide vest would just blow it up outside the ground if searches were going on, so not much point. The new tactic they have of running people over or stabbing folk is also something that could be done outside the ground quite easily, so if, and it's a big if, terrorists decided to attack us, a search at the ground is pretty pointless.

The searches could be more to do with flares and stuff anyway, rather than bombs, so are we sure what the basis for said searches are without going all gung ho?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
Grantham_Mariner
July 19, 2017, 4:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
I take a bag into every match. I contains drinks and snacks etc  for myself, my son and grandson, as well as scarfs and woolly hats in cast it gets chilly among other things.
It get searched most matches home and away, it has never been properly searched. The only time anyone has found anything was at FGR went they confiscated a plastic fork (Only to find they were giving them away with the Veggie Pasties at the kiosk.

There could have been flares etc in there, but on most occasions they just looked in the top, never were the continence ever taken out or moved.

I would welcome a more thorough search as it will not hurt me, but what others try and take in could..

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
ginnywings
July 19, 2017, 4:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,105
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I take a bag into every match. I contains drinks and snacks etc  for myself, my son and grandson, as well as scarfs and woolly hats in cast it gets chilly among other things.
It get searched most matches home and away, it has never been properly searched. The only time anyone has found anything was at FGR went they confiscated a plastic fork (Only to find they were giving them away with the Veggie Pasties at the kiosk.

There could have been flares etc in there, but on most occasions they just looked in the top, never were the continence ever taken out or moved.

I would welcome a more thorough search as it will not hurt me, but what others try and take in could..

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
Perkins
July 19, 2017, 4:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
I generally hide flares, flagpoles and flasks up my arse anyway.

If you can do that, i suggest you urgently see your Doctor, or else audition for Britain's got Talent.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
cmackenzie4
July 19, 2017, 4:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I quite like getting frisked! 😎

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
MuddyWaters
July 19, 2017, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from pizzzza
Will there be frisks? Most enjoyable.

Frisked for a flask full of tampons?  
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
crusty ole pie
July 19, 2017, 4:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,326
Gold Stars: 66
Must agree it's all it bit belts and braces but with criminal proceedings  being called for against anyone who sneezed around grenfield tower block you can not blame anyone who is in a position like safety office to really start scrutinising their position,
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Security checks

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.