13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Sigone
July 21, 2017, 10:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,608
Gold Stars: 5
No-one has said osborne is leaving, no-one has said they want osborne to leave, what has been said is THEY dont think he will start many games and THEY dont think he is a slade player..All could be completely wrong and was just a discussion..nothing more.

P.s me including in THEY  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 123
sam gy
July 21, 2017, 10:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Heisenberg

(remember, the York fans couldn't believe he'd done it....)

Actually, most York fans were saying Berrett was a great signing and their standout player in a bad season.

I'm sure him and Summerfield don't really care about the opinions of York fans though...they're playing in League 2 whilst York are two divisions below.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 123
Hagrid
July 21, 2017, 10:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
anyway. how did the trialists do last night?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 123
Sigone
July 21, 2017, 10:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,608
Gold Stars: 5
I think if summerfield played as normal midfielder rather than a holding midfielder he could be quite useful for us..20+ games I think he could score 5 or so goals for us..I dont think hes that bad a player as some others do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 123
Tommy
July 21, 2017, 10:37am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
I have to agree with sigone, I don't think Summerfield is nearly as bad as some on here make out.

He made a few misplaced passes in dangerous areas in the first few months of the season (most if not all of them didnt result in goals conceded anyway) but he was contributing to a midfield and a team that was in and around the play offs. He doesn't hide, even after said misplaced passes, he'd still get on the ball at the next opportunity and try and pass it again.

And he puts a shift in- which again disproves the "as long as they put in 100% we'll back them" malarkey that often gets spouted on here.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 123
Hagrid
July 21, 2017, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from Tommy
I have to agree with sigone, I don't think Summerfield is nearly as bad as some on here make out.

He made a few misplaced passes in dangerous areas in the first few months of the season (most if not all of them didnt result in goals conceded anyway) but he was contributing to a midfield and a team that was in and around the play offs. He doesn't hide, even after said misplaced passes, he'd still get on the ball at the next opportunity and try and pass it again.

And he puts a shift in- which again disproves the "as long as they put in 100% we'll back them" malarkey that often gets spouted on here.

completely agree. in the games away at derby and bolton, i thought he was excellent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 123
ginnywings
July 21, 2017, 10:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Sigone
No-one has said osborne is leaving, no-one has said they want osborne to leave, what has been said is THEY dont think he will start many games and THEY dont think he is a slade player..All could be completely wrong and was just a discussion..nothing more.

P.s me including in THEY  

That's my take on it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 123
Heisenberg
July 21, 2017, 10:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Sigone
I think if summerfield played as normal midfielder rather than a holding midfielder he could be quite useful for us..20+ games I think he could score 5 or so goals for us..I dont think hes that bad a player as some others do.

I don't think either of them are 'bad' players, I just doubt they're quite what we need if we want to improve on last season.  I thought Summerfield played pretty well at the games at Blundell Park early last season (Stevenage, for example), but the games I didn't go to, especially the away games, people were scathing of him.  General consensus seemed to be that he was awful.  I just think him and Berrett are 'OK', which isn't gonna be enough.  I'm sure that all 24 teams have 'OK' players.  The one thing that we as fans will never, ever stomach again, is a relegation battle in League 2, the risks are too high.  We need to get into League 1 in the not-too-distant future and put as much of a gap between us and the Conference as is humanly possible!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 123
moosey_club
July 21, 2017, 10:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from MuddyWaters

FFS! Let Berrett have a chance in his preferred position rather than stick him on the left wing because we've got no-one else. Hurst signed him and then played him in a role that was clearly uncomfortable to him so The Fishy decides he's excrement and should never play again. I don't think there's much between Clements and Berrett as centre mid - I don't believe either are good enough to take us up - but if James Berrett starts at Chesterfield then he'll get my support.

Give him a chance.....do you not think he has had opportunities ? Rarely do football fans agree but he has had plenty of appearances and i think the majority of people are not convinced he is of a standard that we require to push forward. Regardless of where he plays you can guage certain things about a player, because in football there are only so many things that you do as key elements of your game.
I have concerns about;

his pace
his tackling ability
his aerial ability
his strength
his passing ability
his vision

so i wouldnt want him in the engine room, the only attribute i can see he has is he tends to hold his position...but is that enough ?

Maybe i am missing something which is beyond my own level of technical understanding of the game but if that is the case, then i am not alone wallowing in ignorance.
You say you would give him your support if he runs out Chesterfield but i bet inside your heart would drop when the team was announced and Berrett was starting centre mid.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 123
Heisenberg
July 21, 2017, 10:43am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from sam gy

Actually, most York fans were saying Berrett was a great signing and their standout player in a bad season.

I'm sure him and Summerfield don't really care about the opinions of York fans though...they're playing in League 2 whilst York are two divisions below.

I definitely do NOT remember this!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 123
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Town in Devon

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.