This thread currently has 10,471 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
July 17, 2017, 5:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Seems Russ has been trying to offload him for a while but, previously at least, Boyce refused to drop to the Conference. Obviously no league club fancied him.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
Jarmo.Is.God
July 17, 2017, 5:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Why does it make the Pearson decision more baffling? Please explain...

Because 2 months ago we knew that eastleigh would come in for Boyce?

Slade and Wilko are not stupid, and will have something lined up

I expect the Morrocan guy to sign now, as he can play CB & CM and then another CB
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
Abdul19
July 17, 2017, 5:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Too pretty to be a league 2 centre back. Hopefully replaced by a nutcase with an anchor tattoo rather than one of these new fangled fashionable sleeve things.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
bradzmilne
July 17, 2017, 5:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Makes me even more angry about Shaun Pearson leaving now. Certainly wasn't a fan of him leaving at the time but accepted as an unfortunate inevitability with players being held on longer contacts make them technically 'dead weights' that we couldn't do a great deal with - Boyce being one of these players in question.

However, if we knew there was a possibility that Boyce was leaving, letting Shaun Pearson go - a phenomenal servant to the club on and off the pitch and still arguably our best centre back (certainly good enough for a team chasing the play offs at this level) leave the club - it cant be described as nothing shorter of ridiculous.

Admittedly its a lot of 'ifs' and 'buts' and situations in Football change constantly however from an outsiders perspective, not knowing what goes on inside the football club - it certainly looks like this could have been the case.

Best of luck Boyce

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
sonofmadeleymariner
July 17, 2017, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Good, wasn't good enough never the same player after his injuries. The shop lists grows though

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
The Yard Dog
July 17, 2017, 6:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Shaun decided HE could not wait, move on.

Everybody agrees he was a good servant on and off the pitch, but that's football these days. Good luck to the lad.

Agents call the shots.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
newarkmariner
July 17, 2017, 6:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
FFS will some people get over Pearson already, Christ he wasn't a superstar he was an average defender ,loyal but bang average. Are the same people going to chirp on every time a defender is signed or released, anyone would think he was some kind of footballing god ,give your bloody heads a wobble
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
Swansea_Mariner
July 17, 2017, 6:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Best wishes Boycey but we can and will do better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
July 17, 2017, 6:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from newarkmariner
FFS will some people get over Pearson already, Christ he wasn't a superstar he was an average defender ,loyal but bang average. Are the same people going to chirp on every time a defender is signed or released, anyone would think he was some kind of footballing god ,give your bloody heads a wobble

^^This!

Reply: 28 - 45
ginnywings
July 17, 2017, 7:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
We have 2 centre backs who have played all their careers at a higher level. Pearson is a great bloke but the highest he got was mid table League 2. If we want to move up the leagues, there will be casualties, that's footy.

Pearson went back to non league, as did Boyce, so that should tell you all you need to know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.