2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
zorro_is_a_Mariner
July 15, 2017, 9:32pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
He was on trial at Huddersfield in Jan and got injured so we was next to take a look and his obvs been offered a deal, his 20. Can't wait for next season. Utm

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Mariner93er
July 15, 2017, 10:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
He was suppose to sign for huddersfield last summer but got injured preventing him. And look how good of a judge of talent their manager has proven to be, taking them to the prem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
HertsGTFC
July 15, 2017, 10:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Unfortunately I haven't been able to make any preseason games so far add I'm recovering from spinal surgery but I'm loving the reports on Dembele.

The question seemed to be, can be perform against strong opposition and by all accounts came through today's test worth flying colours.

He's obviously got a very slight frame so my question is what players is he unilateral to in terms of style of play? He's got the build of a Raheem Sterling, does he play in a similar way?

How would you describe in one sentence?

He looks like he's got a trick or two but has he got pace and because of his build and stature, the worry would be that he would get bullied and pushed off the ball to easily - has that been the case today at all or can he hold his own?

Should RS start to regret only offering him a 1 year deal?

Apologies for the many questions - I'm just keen to get more information about a young lad that's had universally glowing reviews.

Re the bit in bold, hope it's all going well!

BTW - Saw Dembele for the 1st time and thought he was a real find!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Grimsby2012
July 15, 2017, 11:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Seems to take the p i.ss out of town and discredit them at every opportunity, yet he writes a positive and level headed review of Lincoln...... He also placed Lincoln as finishing 14th, 3 places above town all on the basis that they need time to adjust in the league... yet we finished in a good position in the league, have 1 years advantage over Lincoln in terms of league experience, have vastly improved the squad and hopefully a managed that can deliver...... Yet we are worse off! Ok, makes sense....

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Teesknees
July 16, 2017, 12:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Seems to take the p i.ss out of town and discredit them at every opportunity, yet he writes a positive and level headed review of Lincoln...... He also placed Lincoln as finishing 14th, 3 places above town all on the basis that they need time to adjust in the league... yet we finished in a good position in the league, have 1 years advantage over Lincoln in terms of league experience, have vastly improved the squad and hopefully a managed that can deliver...... Yet we are worse off! Ok, makes sense....

Are you on drugs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Mighty_Mariner
July 16, 2017, 12:58am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from mariner83
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

That's very kind of you thank you.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Mighty_Mariner
July 16, 2017, 1:03am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Re the bit in bold, hope it's all going well!

BTW - Saw Dembele for the 1st time and thought he was a real find!

Thanks Herts.... still very early days but recovery is going well thank you. I'm really hoping to be back on my feet ready for the first home game if the season all being well - probably still won't be very mobile but haven't missed a first home game of the season since leaving the Army 6 years ago so I'll be doing my utmost to be there.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.