2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
July 15, 2017, 5:58pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Unfortunately I haven't been able to make any preseason games so far add I'm recovering from spinal surgery but I'm loving the reports on Dembele.

The question seemed to be, can be perform against strong opposition and by all accounts came through today's test worth flying colours.

He's obviously got a very slight frame so my question is what players is he unilateral to in terms of style of play? He's got the build of a Raheem Sterling, does he play in a similar way?

How would you describe in one sentence?

He looks like he's got a trick or two but has he got pace and because of his build and stature, the worry would be that he would get bullied and pushed off the ball to easily - has that been the case today at all or can he hold his own?

Should RS start to regret only offering him a 1 year deal?

Apologies for the many questions - I'm just keen to get more information about a young lad that's had universally glowing reviews.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
July 15, 2017, 6:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
Yeah very Raheem Sterling in size and running style. He's quick, agile, glides when he runs, moves the ball well and looks to have an eye for goal. He looks like he could improve further as well, a couple of times he left the ball behind when dribbling so more training/game time could make him sharper still in that respect. But what I like more than anything is his hunger and desire, he doesn't give up if he loses it or appears to be second favourite, he scraps and battles for it as his goal today shows.

After watching him against the likes of Clee and Boro he looked good but the opposition were of a lower standard. He made championship defenders look non league this afternoon, and that was the test I wanted to see. Hopefully he can get some consistency and destroy teams in L2.

One year contract with an option of an extra year? I'd be taking that option right now!!!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
Mighty_Mariner
July 15, 2017, 6:15pm
Pontoonite
Great report Jim thank you much appreciated. Certainly seems to be exciting times for us and the young man.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
moss_side_mariner
July 15, 2017, 6:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Get well soon.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
Mighty_Mariner
July 15, 2017, 7:51pm
Pontoonite
Thank you MSM đź–’

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
mariner83
July 15, 2017, 8:45pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
fleabag1970
July 15, 2017, 8:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
If he was that good and consistent why is he with us ?

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
jimgtfc
July 15, 2017, 8:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
But I think that's the point he's not been good enough or consistent enough for anyone to gamble on him. We've given him a shot and now it's up to him. He's achieved nothing yet.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Hagrid
July 15, 2017, 8:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from fleabag1970
If he was that good and consistent why is he with us ?

Swear you say things just purely to get a reaction out of people. He's 20 years of age and so far has looked excellent. If he continues like this he wont be with us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
MarinerRob
July 15, 2017, 9:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Podge Amond hadn't done much before he came to us, so spotting these type of players is important.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.