3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
July 11, 2017, 4:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
He's clearly willing to be patient to get the players he wants which is a good thing. Hopefully we'll see some movement soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
gtfc98
July 11, 2017, 4:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Isn't Eoin Doyle the guy Wigan want to ship Bogle out to make room for?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Abdul19
July 11, 2017, 4:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Yes.

According to The Sun anyway, so it must be true.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Grantley
July 11, 2017, 5:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
So basically nothing that we don't already know.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Superdan147
July 11, 2017, 5:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Personally I thought he sounded a little dejected when asked about transfers. I think it's an even bigger task then he probably envisaged. He's clearly missed out on a few he would love to have signed/resigned (Andrew, chicksen, Maynard amongst a few others I suspect) and I wonder if he possibly regrets taking the job. Hope I'm totally wrong and things develop for him, and for us, but I can't help but feel he's very frustrated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
jonnyboy82
July 11, 2017, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
After the big bold statement from fenty as to were he wants us to finish this season I feel we have a long way to go in regards of signings.

I was real pumped that we would be flashing a bit of that Bogle cash on quality this pre season but it would be fair to say it's not happend.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
grimsby pete
July 11, 2017, 5:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Superdan147
Personally I thought he sounded a little dejected when asked about transfers. I think it's an even bigger task then he probably envisaged. He's clearly missed out on a few he would love to have signed/resigned (Andrew, chicksen, Maynard amongst a few others I suspect) and I wonder if he possibly regrets taking the job. Hope I'm totally wrong and things develop for him, and for us, but I can't help but feel he's very frustrated.

He is  dejected ? He has only been back a few months,

I have suffered pre season woes for over 62 bloody years  

CALM  everything will be fine .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Hertsmariner
July 11, 2017, 5:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
I would have thought that 'frustrating' is one word most managers would use to describe their job! RS strikes me as a 'realist', perhaps an inevitable characteristic acquired after so many years in the game. At least he seems as direct as he can be in answering questions whilst still wanting to hold his cards close to his chest. Doubtless he and Paul Wilkinson will have a longish, but realistic, list of possible targets, but working in a competitive environment with a limited budget is bound to be frustrating. We have no choice, as spectators, but to be patient as the management team assemble the pieces in their puzzle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
rancido
July 11, 2017, 7:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Superdan147

No doubt I will get " shot down in flames " over this post but I would have thought that with all RS's and Wilko's contacts they could have found a steady league 2 standard left-back.  

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
lew chaterleys lover
July 11, 2017, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,661
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Superdan147

He will (I hope) have set his standards very high so may sound a tad disappointed if he hasn't managed to land them. I would guess that even his 3rd or 4th choices will still be quality players at this level so let us see what develops.

It is a bit of a stretch to imagine his mild disappointment equates to him having regrets! If it was an easy job we could all do it couldn't we?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade updates fans on possible new signings

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.