5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
newarkmariner
July 11, 2017, 7:32am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
I'm finding Hurst quite amusing with his obsession with our old players, is he trying to recreate his conference glory days, because Deano apart the rest are not L2 standard let alone L1,Rodman is poor,Toto is a car crash waiting to happen who will then blame the fans when criticized after getting torn a new a@sehole by the deadly Halifax attack,Nolan is ok(that's it) and LJL (I know he scored 20 in 1 season)but most the time cant hit a cows a@se with a banjo.Whats even funnier is that some on here want some of them back.i think some peoples memories are clouded by glorious wins at the likes of Alfreton, Eastleigh and Southport when the likes of LJL finally got one of his 99 shots on target.Maybe we should have a collection of old Town shirts with the Vanarama or Blue Square logo on and send them to the poor Shrews fans.Im sticking a tenner on them being relegated.
p.s Does he want to sign Summerfield PLEASE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
ginnywings
July 11, 2017, 8:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
The irony is that it was their performances against the Shrews in the F.A. Cup that almost certainly led to Hurst getting the job there. Perhaps he is repaying them by signing them on League 1 contracts. I doubt they will set that league on fire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
LongEatonMariner
July 11, 2017, 8:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
I don't mind any of the players, they all did well for us and although Rodman was the least successful in that he wasn't in the promoted squad, you could see technically he could play st a higher level. It's just the weirdness of Mr Hurst having the same transfer target list that he had three years ago when he was managing us in the conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
Jaws
July 11, 2017, 8:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
This just shows the true calibre of Hurst and why in the long-term we'll be better without him.

His main signings have been his ex-players. He has signed players that struggled in the league below, and some who struggled 2 leagues below. He now has 5 keepers but again he'll have only had Deano's time here to rate him from (certainly not the Euro's!). His scouting ability seems to be non-existent!

Shrewsbury will be down this season and I've bet on it.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
Tommy
July 11, 2017, 8:52am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
There was a meltdown on here about the number of central midfielders Bignot signed.

Imagine having five goalkeepers???

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
Maringer
July 11, 2017, 8:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Ought to be a good move for Henderson. I'd imagine he'll be aiming to be first choice and it is good to see young players from Premiershite clubs out on loan and getting games instead of just mouldering in the reserves.

I think the former GTFC players now at the Shrews are mostly capable of playing at that level, though probably only as part of a lower half team. I'd expect them to avoid the drop but would be surprised if they did much more, unless they have some other decent signings.

The weird obssession with Hurst continues among some who rarely seem happier than when decrying his abilities/plans/contacts/whatever. I've barely given him a second thought since he left and I really don't care much how the Shrews do this season, unless we end up facing them in the Cup again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
supertown
July 11, 2017, 9:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Grantley

Don't post when half asleep...

Grantly, you need to read the one above this
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
Abdul19
July 11, 2017, 9:00am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from ginnywings
The irony is that it was their performances against the Shrews in the F.A. Cup that almost certainly led to Hurst getting the job there. Perhaps he is repaying them by signing them on League 1 contracts. I doubt they will set that league on fire.

He's even doing a rubbish job of that seeing as only one of the five was with us then

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
psgmariner
July 11, 2017, 9:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Great signing for Shrewsbury.

Happy to admit I am gutted he is not here for the season.

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
grimsby pete
July 11, 2017, 9:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
It is likely that Deano did not have a say in where he went,

Man Utd would have told him you are going to Shrewsbury,

They might not have known that the Shrews manager was the same Hurst that was at Grimsby

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deano

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.