5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
July 10, 2017, 7:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
Four other keepers on their books, Craig Macgillivray, Jayson Leutwiler, Callum Burton, Shaun Rowley, can not see Deano getting many games ?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Mariner_09
July 10, 2017, 7:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Would you take them over Boyce, Summerfield and Yussuf though? You need a good squad and those three would enhance our squad greatly.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
ginnywings
July 10, 2017, 7:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mariner_09
Would you take them over Boyce, Summerfield and Yussuf though? You need a good squad and those three would enhance our squad greatly.

No they wouldn't. I'm glad Hurst has gone and he can sign every one of our ex players for all i care. The man lacks imagination.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
MuddyWaters
July 10, 2017, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mariner_09
He's good enough to play for Manchester United In my opinion.

Thanks for that insight Jose.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
chaos33
July 10, 2017, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
What Ginny said.

How can it make any sense to have 5 keepers in your squad?!

Shrewsbury are heading for a struggle if the general calibre of players are our ex conference Mr averages. None of them are proven in L1, and, to be honest, I'm not sure if they are even proven in L2. Toto struggled at Hartlepool. LJL and Rodman did f••• all at Newport, and Nolan wasn't wanted by a club relegated to L2.

Hurst's thin book of football contacts is about as amusing as Mariner09's proven track record on sound player judgement.
😊

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
lukeo
July 10, 2017, 8:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,345
Gold Stars: 142
Nolan and Deano are more than capable in my eyes.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Grantley
July 10, 2017, 9:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from pontoonlew

I agree, some very posty posts.

Don't post when half asleep...

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
RichMariner
July 10, 2017, 9:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,139
Gold Stars: 209
I saw Deano play for us a few times and he undoubtedly has talent and a future at a higher level.

But to be honest there's no jealousy from me. He wasn't free of fault during his handful of games for us, and made mistakes at Stevenage in particular (which you'd expect from a young keeper) - not to mention that howler for England.

I don't see him playing many games at Shrewsbury, unless Hurst has plans to use him from the very start, but I guess he's not going to get games at Manu so it makes sense he goes out on loan somewhere.

Just a little surprised he's gone to a team managed by someone who never played him.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Online
Site Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 10, 2017, 10:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from chaos33
What Ginny said.

How can it make any sense to have 5 keepers?
😊

Part of the Hurst defensive strategy?  Should be able to dominate the area and deal with crosses.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
MuddyWaters
July 10, 2017, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from RichMariner
I saw Deano play for us a few times and he undoubtedly has talent and a future at a higher level.

But to be honest there's no jealousy from me. He wasn't free of fault during his handful of games for us, and made mistakes at Stevenage in particular (which you'd expect from a young keeper) - not to mention that howler for England.

I don't see him playing many games at Shrewsbury, unless Hurst has plans to use him from the very start, but I guess he's not going to get games at Manu so it makes sense he goes out on loan somewhere.

Just a little surprised he's gone to a team managed by someone who never played him.

Shrews fans spent most of last season moaning about Leutwiler, Dean had game time with us and the experience of a World Cup win - to be honest, he's at least L1 level now and capable of better, possibly nearly as good as Joe Hart was when he was at Shrewsbury.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deano

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.