Maringer
July 1, 2017, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
The only relevant question for me is would he contribute enough in all round play and goals to get us in the play offs?

Sadly I don't think he would. As others have said he does have something about him but looks quite a bit away from leading the line for a promotion chasing side.

I think you're right about Dyson at present. I don't doubt he's got the potential to develop into a decent Championship-level striker in the future, but he's a distance from that as yet. He competed quite well last season but, quite understandably, wasn't able to match up to the physical side of things against older, stronger and more experienced defenders. He'll obviously get stronger as he gets older, but will he be ready for this coming season? Not so sure.

If he was to sign for us again, I'd expect to see a bit more from him than last season (when he did well at times), but not convinced he'll have enough to help us become a promotion-chasing side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
Mrs Doyle
July 1, 2017, 8:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I think he was improving and relished playing here would love to see him back here he's young strong in the air and can hold the ball up. Strikers good ones are not easy to come by.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
ginnywings
July 1, 2017, 11:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Can't believe some of the comments on this thread. He's an inexperienced 20 year old and some are picking his game to pieces. I think he has a good future in the game from what i saw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
Mendonca1995
July 2, 2017, 7:56am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
He does have potential like the solo goal for example against Mansfield when most fans were wan*ing over it !!! but as others have said he does have a few things he needs to work on ie his hold Up play for one the first few games the ball was bouncing straight off him also looked a bit lethargic etc he then seemed to grow with the more game time he got but people need To realise the kid is 20 years old he is going to improve once he has experienced the different levels is he good enough for Everton not for me but maybe the next few years could see him hit the top end of league 1 maybe the championship we will see but at least give the lad a chance before writing him off at this level UTM 🐟

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
Garth
July 2, 2017, 10:36am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Nobody's writing him off, just saying he would not suit us at the moment if we are serious about promotion, if we are talking about giving youngsters game time we need to look in house at our own
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
Grantham_Mariner
July 2, 2017, 12:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
Not the finished article but if we could get him on the right wage on a two year deal I can see him as a impact sub this season and possibly a starter next.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
MuddyWaters
July 2, 2017, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I'd have him back. To expect to find an instant replacement for Omar was unrealistic. I think he and Sam Jones did pretty well in spite of a lack of League experience and I would suspect that both will kick on this year wherever Dyson plays.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
jonnyboy82
July 2, 2017, 5:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Might get shot down but not for me , can and must do better if we want to be at the top end of the table .

I mean that's why fenty sacked bignot isn't it ? As he wanted to improve the whole thing going forward.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
HertsGTFC
July 2, 2017, 6:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
What The Old Codger said....

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dyson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.