Reply: 20 - 38
GtfcGarner
July 1, 2017, 9:28am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
He's alright but not a game changer. If your looking at our current striking options: Asante, Vernon, Yussuf and possibly Jones. I think our first choice/choices would be Asante or Jones, do I think Dyson is better than them two? No I don't and believe that Russ has his sights set higher, hope the lad gets a good loan though as run his socks off whilst he was here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
ex-merseymariner
July 1, 2017, 9:36am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Abdul19

To be fair to Koeman he gives plenty of young players a chance. That said, I can't see Dyson getting anywhere near that level in the next 12 months!

Agreed.   I was disappointed that when Dyson went back to Everton at the end of our season, and they sent half a dozen youngsters to Korea for the under 20 tournament, that Koeman put Kone on the bench ahead of Dyson for the last few games.     But what we don't know is whether Everton will want him to play as high as possible for the full season, or want to move him around a few times this season. Also whether they may want him closer to home; one of their other u23s was at Morecambe last season, but others were at Oxford, Motherwell etc....

I'd have him back here but suspect Slade wants a new #1 striker, then a pecking order of Jones, Vernon, Asante, when fit, Yussuf.  
So Dyson is a reserve option perhaps; e.g. any further injuries.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
July 1, 2017, 10:12am
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19

To be fair to Koeman he gives plenty of young players a chance. That said, I can't see Dyson getting anywhere near that level in the next 12 months!

Agreed, that's my point mate. He should be allowed to move on to a club where he can gain experience and find his level. He's got something, but I don't see him ever getting game time at Everton.
Reply: 23 - 38
Garth
July 1, 2017, 10:22am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I like Dyson but if he came back he would do so on the understanding that he would have to play most games.
I would not think Slade will want to be tied down as such and has possibly got a another player in mind ready to sign.
We have got some  decent players in that position anyway but need a proven marquee signing rather than a promising loan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
July 1, 2017, 10:30am
Guest User
We need to look to the mid and long term, as well as the short term. This means bringing in our own players, preferably at an age where they can contribute immediately, yet also improve and maybe bring in a fee in the future. Unless the loanee was a bit special for league 2 I say we bring our own contracted players in.

Massive thing for me is extending contracts at Christmas time for players who are excelling. We have lost our last three player of the years on Bosmans because of our ludicrous retention policy IMO.

Sorry, I digress but it winds me up.
Reply: 25 - 38
Hertsmariner
July 1, 2017, 10:31am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
I seem to remember, at the end of the season, RS saying he would speak to Joe Royle about Everton's plans for him. I doubt very much that Dyson would find a League 1 club at this stage of his development, so League 2 would probably be his limit at present. Perhaps RS is trying to persuade Forest to let us have Tyler Walker as his first preference, but would come back for Dyson should Walker go elsewhere (Port Vale for example). But who knows really?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 1, 2017, 10:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The problem with Dyson is that he's not Bogle.

He is not an instant answer to anyone's prayers as a striker. He will be a decent player though if he gets game time against men and some good coaching. He's mobile, fit and he will get stronger. He will never be a poacher in the box but he has a bit of pace and some ability to bring others into the game. The question would be how much he is worth on the wage bill relative to what he can offer the squad.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
headingly_mariner
July 1, 2017, 12:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
He's a big lad, but he's a little lightweight. Couple of bits of quality, but at the moment I'd say he's below the standard. He may well turn into a player though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
Swansea_Mariner
July 1, 2017, 1:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
The only relevant question for me is would he contribute enough in all round play and goals to get us in the play offs?

Sadly I don't think he would. As others have said he does have something about him but looks quite a bit away from leading the line for a promotion chasing side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dyson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.