chaos33
June 30, 2017, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from Mariner_09
Produced the odd moment of brilliance and could take a good pen but wasn't a good enough finisher to be a poacher, not strong enough or good enough in the air to be a target man and not quick enough to be a Vardy style striker. Not for me for a whole season, need better.

Well you're the expert. Reminder - we are in league 2.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
MuddyWaters
June 30, 2017, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mariner_09
Produced the odd moment of brilliance and could take a good pen but wasn't a good enough finisher to be a poacher, not strong enough or good enough in the air to be a target man and not quick enough to be a Vardy style striker. Not for me for a whole season, need better.

Well, as you thought Danny Andrew was shite, we should offer Dyson a 5 year deal.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
Mariner_09
June 30, 2017, 9:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I never said Andrew was shite per se, just shite defensively when he first arrived. Great going forward but was a liability defensively. He improved with game time.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
TownSNAFU5
June 30, 2017, 10:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,841
Gold Stars: 42
He can only get better.  He gives 100 per cent, has a good attitude, and has shown that he can score goals.  And he is consistent with penalties.  Remember that excellent goal he scored in front of the Pontoon?  When he cut in from the right wing and hit a great low shot.

I understand any reservations about his scoring record.  However, he is still worth a second season with us.  Even Ronaldo had to start somewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
Abdul19
June 30, 2017, 10:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from chaos33

Well he looked about 10 times more likely to score than Vernon, but yep - clearly not good enough. We should be aiming higher than Premiership under 23 top scorers.

And yet in the time Dyson was at the club Vernon netted twice as many goals in open play as he did!

But yeah I do agree he had something about him though, definitely got better as his spell progressed.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
HertsGTFC
June 30, 2017, 11:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,869
Gold Stars: 227
I'd take him with Podge "tutor and pupil"!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
louth_in_the_south
July 1, 2017, 2:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
Dysons the classic example of how the influx of foreign players into the prem has set back the development of British players . He's got something about him but because he's been stuck in u23 football he hasn't had the experience of playing against solid pro opponents . Last season was a big learning curve for him I'd guess and with another season at town , building himself up a bit , he could be a good addition to the squad .

Got a feeling slade won't be interested though .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
July 1, 2017, 6:56am
Guest User
Quoted from Superdan147
He's under contract at Everton for another year. They excerpted option last week

All that's wrong with football IMO. Why would Everton do that?
I will eat my head if he is ever given an opportunity in Everton's first team.

Reply: 17 - 38
golfer
July 1, 2017, 9:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from Mariner_09

I agree-he will get better with game time but I don't think that we are in a position to meet the guarantees that Everton will need to allow us a year long loan. They will want us to play him a certain number of games or else it would not be beneficial to him or them. They were most likely paying his wages or at least some of them when he was here so would definitely want guaranteed playing time like last year. By the time he improves we will have no hold on him . If he improves sufficiently he could be recalled like Henderson was and then we would be in the shite.All these loan players are good short term.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
Abdul19
July 1, 2017, 9:20am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from 75

All that's wrong with football IMO. Why would Everton do that?
I will eat my head if he is ever given an opportunity in Everton's first team.

To be fair to Koeman he gives plenty of young players a chance. That said, I can't see Dyson getting anywhere near that level in the next 12 months!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dyson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.