Vance Warner
July 12, 2017, 8:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from bax

The FL has strengthened its hand on the Trophy by bribing clubs with extra cash, the prospect of bigger development squads (Man City and Spurs) and local derbies in the group games! If you think that's a win for the fans, I'd hate to see a loss!  

A boycott failed last year. Why would it work this year? IMO something has to be done to keep the pressure on, but it's not by carrying on something that didn't work last season. If someone can come up with a better plan to keep the pressure on, I/we are all ears.

Record low attendances across L1 and L2 clubs. The boycott was hardly a failure. The only mistake was not boycotting the final but by that point the tournament had become such a farce there seemed no chance of it continuing anyway. We now know that chairman including JF are happy to not have supporters attending matches as long as they get some extra cash. The boycott needs to continue as any rise in attendances will only be used against us. However, the pressure needs to be stepped up. This could be in the form of a fans game on the same night, a boycott of league games, a boycott of merchandise, a mass walkout at a league game. Whatever it is something needs to be done. The biggest problem we have is the enemy within. We need to show JF and the Football League that our proud club should not be playing the youth team of clubs that we have beaten in the past and will do in the future. Make no mistake about it the group we have been given is no coincidence but if we want a team to support for generations to come we need to make a strong stand now before it's too late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 81
lukeo
July 13, 2017, 7:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Ohhhhh the hairs on the back of my neck have risen, Sunderland school kids away.. I must go!
On a more serious note, keep an eye out for Internet Mariners announcements, I think biggs is working hard to organise a game for them when the checkagay trophy is on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spurs and Man City enter Checkatrade Trophy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.