9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
June 30, 2017, 12:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
Spurs and Man City will take part for the first time.  We could do without more big clubs in this competition.  Chelsea will also enter an under 21 team again.  (BBC Sports).

The thin end of the edge is getting thicker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
June 30, 2017, 12:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
The attendances will probably slowly pick up into acceptance aswell, they probably anticipated it, and once its part of a cup competition, it wont be as much of a huge shock if they let them in say tier 7 or 8 either. Over time just allow them to be promoted a league higher bit by bit, eventually youve got the premier league and the premier league practice leagues, thats my conspiracy theory anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 81
diehardmariner
June 30, 2017, 1:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,530
Gold Stars: 536
Only one solution to this - total boycott.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 81
RichMariner
June 30, 2017, 2:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Yep, boycott the b4st4rd.

I still see no benefit to me, as a fan, why I should pay money to watch what is, in effect, a reserve game, that stands to benefit the big teams more than it does us.

I support Grimsby because that's where I'm from, that's part of my identity, that's my local club. I want to see my local club do well. It's tribal. It's community.

I don't subscribe to doing anything that benefits other clubs to the degree that it makes it nigh-on impossible for my club to prosper at their level.

Sadly, Harvey can do what he likes. I'm not necessarily boycotting to make a political statement; more that I just don't want to pay £16 or £18 to watch someone else's team get a run-out.

It's an insult.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 81
June 30, 2017, 7:55pm
Guest User
Shove it where the sun don't shine.
Reply: 4 - 81
lukeo
June 30, 2017, 8:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Boycott. Don't care who we play when where or why. Will not go to any of these games ever. Not even Wembley if it happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 81
HackneyHaddock
June 30, 2017, 8:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
It's an insult to our professionals and our grand old club to put out an XI to provide a training match for the technically useless and developmentally-discredited Premier League "Academy" teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 81
gary_elton
June 30, 2017, 9:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Not interested in this competition whatsoever..... rammit sideways  !!!

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 81
LH
June 30, 2017, 9:18pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,496
Gold Stars: 173
More action than boycotts required for the powers that be to listen. Best would be a complete boycott of a weekend of league fixtures but that might be difficult to find a weekend where all L1/2 clubs have a game that isn't a derby or whatever.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 81
June 30, 2017, 9:21pm
Guest User
It's a shame, as after '98, I have fond memories of this tournament as it was then. Realistically, our only chance of getting to Wembley and winning a cup. I'd have been in favour of returning to the previous format of league one and two teams. Okay, the attendances for the early rounds were poor, but not as poor as this frankenstein like format. Allow teams to field whatever sides they want, when it gets to the regional semi finals, it gets interesting.

As it stands, it's just a bow down to the Premier League masters shoving a piffling amount of £££ into the peasants coffers. Pathetic, the club should have more pride.
Reply: 9 - 81
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spurs and Man City enter Checkatrade Trophy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.