Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 140 Guests

The Politics Thread .

This thread currently has 17,562 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
July 10, 2017, 1:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
I saw a programme on China and the expert could not tell the difference between the German models and the Chinese,

There was one big difference the £80,000 German car was only £40,000 and with no difference on  performance,

The £40,000 German model was less than £20,000 again the expert said the performance was the same,

So if the BMW lads want to pay twice the price why are we bothered about the EU adding tariffs ?

I did explain if the USA and other countries outside the EU are buying British at the moment they are paying a tariff put on by the EU,

So we could remove that tariff once we are out and both get a better deal.

Don't tell me I am talking nonsense because I have a different idea to you what could be possible.

Its the same with wine the EU put a tariff on S, African wine so again we could remove that and we could get a better deal with  S,Africa likewise they would not paying a tariff on our goods,

If it was up to you we would be going cap in hand,

If it was up to me I would tell them to stuff it if they want to punish us we will buy our goods elsewhere.

PS. I have been known to drink a bottle of wine now and again and I can assure you the French is not the be all end all in quality other countries have improved immensely over the last few years.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 164
mariner91
July 10, 2017, 1:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,540
Gold Stars: 258
Quoted from grimsby pete
Another thing while I am at it,

We are not going cap in hand to anybody, we buy a lot more than we sell to the EU, so they will want us to have a deal that we are happy with,

Otherwise we will buy our good from the other said countries instead,

S, African, Australia and Chile make some nice wines so we do not have to buy French,

We can buy cars from China that are half the price of German cars and they have just the same performance,

Italy can stick their clothes we will buy much cheaper ones from China that are good quality,

Need I go on or shall I just shoot myself now because according to the remainers it all doom and gloom.

Unless Corbyn gets in then we can have everything for FREE !!!!!!!!

What do South Africa, China, Australia and Chile all have in common? They're all fooking miles away.

What do France, Italy, Spain etc have in common? They're all relatively close by.

Now unless you're able to invent teleportation, it's still going to cost a small fortune importing cars etc from China which won't be as good as the German models. Or shipping in wine from the other side of the world. It makes sense to do business with your nearest neighbours because it lowers costs for everyone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 164
grimsby pete
July 10, 2017, 1:36pm

Exile
Quoted from mariner91

What do South Africa, China, Australia and Chile all have in common? They're all fooking miles away.

What do France, Italy, Spain etc have in common? They're all relatively close by.

Now unless you're able to invent teleportation, it's still going to cost a small fortune importing cars etc from China which won't be as good as the German models. Or shipping in wine from the other side of the world. It makes sense to do business with your nearest neighbours because it lowers costs for everyone.

Well there wines on sale here already and they do not cost any different so that one of your points down the toilet,

Regarding cars we have been buying cars from Japan for years and years, they even made a big factory at Sunderland,

So why can't China build a factory here for their cars, they might even build it at Grimsby,

BTW if we do not have a trade deal with the EU we will not be able to buy their cars if you say the Germans will import them anyway and add on a tariff then why are the powers that be taking 2 years to talk about deals,

Either we have a deal that we are happy with or we will have NO DEAL which means no German cars,

You may check with the EU if you do not believe me.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 164
grimsby pete
July 10, 2017, 1:45pm

Exile
NEWSFLASH   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am voting for Corbyn at the next election because he has brought out another freebie,

This time he says , All retired people can get free wine on prescription but no more than one bottle a day.

So that's me sorted  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 164
Maringer
July 10, 2017, 3:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,369
Gold Stars: 183
No freebies on offer anywhere I'm afraid, Pete.

The triple-lock pension increases over the past decade haven't been a freebie for pensioners either, just a political choice. A bribe to pensioners, if you want to take one view, or a fair decision to take another view. Nothing at all wrong with the policy of increasing the income of pensioners, but it has certainly come at a time when other groups have been screwed over. Notably the young, public sector workers (who have effectively suffered a substantial pay cut since 2010), people on welfare, families being given tax credits or housing benefit etc etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 164
Grim74
July 10, 2017, 5:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer

Remember that the Labour manifesto was costed.

Whoops turns out Labour’s plan to scrap student debt would cost £100billion – and they don’t know where the money would come from, shadow education secretary admits 🙈

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 164
Maringer
July 10, 2017, 7:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Meanwhile...

http://www.independent.co.uk/s.....tudies-a7824016.html

Students from low-income families ending their course with £57,000 debt? Yay! says Grim.

Three-quarters of the loans not being repaid? Yay! says Grim.

UK students ending their courses with the highest debt in the Western world? Yay! says Grim.

The average student ending their course with almost 6 grand in interest added to their debt? Yay! says Grim.

Interest rates currently over 6 flipping percent meaning many students won't ever be able to, say, afford to buy a house or start a pension? Yay! says Grim.

Meanwhile, in most of the rest of the civilised world, students face free or at least very cheap tertiary education and yes, many of these have a similar proportion of population who are graduates as us. Many of them spend a higher proportion of their GDP on higher education as well.

As for existing student debt, just QE the crap out of it. If we can create well north of £400 billion to prop up financial institutions after their ineptitude and greed led to the worst global recession for a century, I think giving millions of graduates more money in their pockets to spend in the real economy through debt cancellation will be a fine idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 164
Grim74
July 10, 2017, 8:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
Meanwhile...

http://www.independent.co.uk/s.....tudies-a7824016.html

Students from low-income families ending their course with £57,000 debt? Yay! says Grim.

Three-quarters of the loans not being repaid? Yay! says Grim.

UK students ending their courses with the highest debt in the Western world? Yay! says Grim.

The average student ending their course with almost 6 grand in interest added to their debt? Yay! says Grim.

Interest rates currently over 6 flipping percent meaning many students won't ever be able to, say, afford to buy a house or start a pension? Yay! says Grim.

Meanwhile, in most of the rest of the civilised world, students face free or at least very cheap tertiary education and yes, many of these have a similar proportion of population who are graduates as us. Many of them spend a higher proportion of their GDP on higher education as well.

As for existing student debt, just QE the crap out of it. If we can create well north of £400 billion to prop up financial institutions after their ineptitude and greed led to the worst global recession for a century, I think giving millions of graduates more money in their pockets to spend in the real economy through debt cancellation will be a fine idea.

To many going to uni 50% thanks again to (tony Blair) in Germany for example it's 20% which is why they don't have tuition fees, years ago it used to be the boffins that went to uni, but nowadays its partytime for the snowflakes studying for farcical degrees.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 164
grimsby pete
July 10, 2017, 8:51pm

Exile
Quoted from Grim74

To many going to uni 50% thanks again to (tony Blair) in Germany for example it's 20% which is why they don't have tuition fees, years ago it used to be the boffins that went to uni, but nowadays its partytime for the snowflakes studying for farcical degrees.

It would be interesting to find out how many of those people who got a degree got a job in their chosen profession.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 164
Maringer
July 10, 2017, 10:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grim74

Germany has technical colleges and a schooling system which trains up less academically inclined workers for the heavy industry which they didn't sell off back in the 1980s. Unlike us. They don't need as many graduates so don't fund them in the same way.

Countries without such a dominant manufacturing sector are more similar to us. Countries such as Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, for example. University fees either non-existent or a fraction of ours.

I do find it rather odd that you are apparently so keen for people to not have access to further education. Should be a good thing, surely? I come from a generation that had (almost free) access to University, just like most MPs in parliament, so I find it pretty disgraceful that I'd be facing a 50k+ debt if I had happened to be born a generation later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 164
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.