Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 275 Guests

The Politics Thread .

This thread currently has 17,576 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
July 12, 2017, 7:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from mariner91

The classic "I was joking the entire time" argument when it's become apparent you have no idea what you're talking about.

There you go again up your own bottom,

If you do not believe me ask cmackenzie4 I told him over a week ago I was enjoying winding you up,

You think your opinion is the right one and anybody saying different is talking nonsense.

I am a retired man who has made a success of myself once leaving Grimsby and I have bought a new car every 3 years since I have been down here , The last one being last month,

So I do know a bit about making money and investments so I am not as daft as you think I am.

So do not make out you know it all because you don't.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 164
mariner91
July 12, 2017, 8:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from grimsby pete

There you go again up your own bottom,

If you do not believe me ask cmackenzie4 I told him over a week ago I was enjoying winding you up,

You think your opinion is the right one and anybody saying different is talking nonsense.

I am a retired man who has made a success of myself once leaving Grimsby and I have bought a new car every 3 years since I have been down here , The last one being last month,

So I do know a bit about making money and investments so I am not as daft as you think I am.

So do not make out you know it all because you don't.

What has buying cars got to do with it? Woopdedoo, congrats. They're also about the worst investment an individual can make but I'm sure an expert such as yourself was aware of this.

I don't know it all, I freely admit that. But unlike certain posters, I tend to not give outrageously simple or downright incorrect views and then get arsey when others show them up to be just that. If I don't know about something, I'll either look it up or just accept that perhaps others know more about that subject than me and not resort to name calling, "remoaners" etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 164
grimsby pete
July 13, 2017, 9:17am

Exile
Quoted from mariner91

What has buying cars got to do with it? Woopdedoo, congrats. They're also about the worst investment an individual can make but I'm sure an expert such as yourself was aware of this.

I don't know it all, I freely admit that. But unlike certain posters, I tend to not give outrageously simple or downright incorrect views and then get arsey when others show them up to be just that. If I don't know about something, I'll either look it up or just accept that perhaps others no more about that subject than me and not resort to name calling, "remoaners" etc.

Buying cars at a lot lless price than you would pay ( if you could ever afford to buy a new one ) plus 2 or 3 holidays abroad over a 30 year period means if I am thick ( which you make out ) what are you ?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 164
Grim74
July 13, 2017, 10:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer

'Remoniac'? Your posts are becoming more and more absurd.

We aren't exporting anything in the way of computers, believe me. We don't manufacture any of the processors, memory, storage or other hardware used in computers (mostly manufactured in the far east these days), so to imagine we export large quantities of computers is preposterous! There's a good reason why most of the major PC (and smartphone) manufacturers get all their stuff built in China/Taiwan/South Korea/Japan. It's the region where most of the hardware in them is manufactured. Oh, not to forget the monitors which are all produced in these countries as well. Still, what do those crazy South Koreans know, eh? After all, I seem to think that around 70% of their population are educated to degree level.

As for the rest of the list, gems? Not sourced here, that's for sure. Oil? Production declining massively and the oil industry actually cost us money last year from tax rebates:

https://www.theguardian.com/bu.....axpayer-396m-in-2016

Just wait for more to come as the oil companies claim rebates for their decommissioning costs in the future.

The fact is that we do 5 times as much business with Europe as the rest of the world and, even is this ratio changes in a minor way after Brexit, our geographical location means that it isn't going to change much. Brexiteers seem to somehow imagine that we'll suddely find all sorts of new markets for our limited amount of stuff whereas, in actuality, everything will stay pretty much the same but with more difficulty in dealing with our main trading partners in Europe.

As for the banks, you do realise that one of the major draws of our banking sector was its access to the EU? It was handy for the American financial sector to base lots of their assets over here with access to the EU. Not going to be the case in a couple of years which is why various European cities are going to eat our lunch when it comes to the financial sector.

The voice of Doooooooooooooom!!!! Do you have anything at all positive to say seems you just love putting our country down.

To say we aren't exporting computers is just childish in a way a toddler with a nappie on won't accept he's wearing one🙄

The latest annual stats show that we factually exported $3.69B worth of computers with 11% going to the USA! (Go on tell me that's nothing) now considering we are going to get a favourable trade deal then the $54.7B worth of exports will only increase. Check out the FACTS where you will find we do export gems but mainly gold really good interactive site if your bothered - http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/#Exports

The EU’s share of the world economy has been declining it's a great time to jump ship and connect freely with our world tradeing partners - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fin.....in-three-charts.html

As far the banks scaremongering there are two sides to every story....... far from a disaster!!!!!
http://www.cityam.com/249639/moodys-says-uk-banks-dont-need-eu-passporting-rights

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 164
grimsby pete
July 13, 2017, 10:14am

Exile
I might have been taking the mick with mariner 91  Grim,

BUT

I do believe we will be better when we are out of the EU,

I did think when I said "" my Chinese friend gave me all those facts and that China might build a car factory at Great Coates ""

He might have caught on but no he didn't  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 164
Grim74
July 13, 2017, 10:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I might have been taking the mick with mariner 91  Grim,

BUT

I do believe we will be better when we are out of the EU,

I did think when I said "" my Chinese friend gave me all those facts and that China might build a car factory at Great Coates ""

He might have caught on but no he didn't  

Yeah totally Pete, it seems some on here are still smarting over losing the referendum and now take delight at any negative news story's unbelievable!  why they just cannot accept the result and get behind the majority of the Country is beyond me, we have now got Maringer quoting the biased BBC and they are even more anti Brexit than he is 😂 all you hear on there is .... because of the fears of Brexit!!!  but when they reluctantly have to report a good economy news story it's despite Brexit 😂

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 164
barralad
July 13, 2017, 11:14am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Grim74

The voice of Doooooooooooooom!!!! Do you have anything at all positive to say seems you just love putting our country down.

To say we aren't exporting computers is just childish in a way a toddler with a nappie on won't accept he's wearing one🙄

The latest annual stats show that we factually exported $3.69B worth of computers with 11% going to the USA! (Go on tell me that's nothing) now considering we are going to get a favourable trade deal then the $54.7B worth of exports will only increase. Check out the FACTS where you will find we do export gems but mainly gold really good interactive site if your bothered - http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/#Exports

The EU’s share of the world economy has been declining it's a great time to jump ship and connect freely with our world tradeing partners - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fin.....in-three-charts.html

As far the banks scaremongering there are two sides to every story....... far from a disaster!!!!!
http://www.cityam.com/249639/moodys-says-uk-banks-dont-need-eu-passporting-rights

The banking article is genuinely interesting and helps allay some of my fears. However there is an article link underneath it about the likelihood of the U.K. losing its number 1 clearing house provision post Brexit. Do you have a serious view on that other than you cannot trust experts.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 164
grimsby pete
July 13, 2017, 11:51am

Exile
Quoted from barralad

The banking article is genuinely interesting and helps allay some of my fears. However there is an article link underneath it about the likelihood of the U.K. losing its number 1 clearing house provision post Brexit. Do you have a serious view on that other than you cannot trust experts.

Regarding the Chinese Rover thing Ian,

I have looked it up and it should be landing on Mars next year.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 164
barralad
July 13, 2017, 12:08pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from grimsby pete

Regarding the Chinese Rover thing Ian,

I have looked it up and it should be landing on Mars next year.

LOL Yeah. That's what I got. Talk about market creativity..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 164
Grim74
July 13, 2017, 12:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Don't forget all the so called experts said this would happen before when we refused to join the EURO yes some traders may of lost there jobs but we still remained number 1. That's not to say I wouldn't take it serious, but the synic in me says it's just the bankers and their  mates looking after there own interests AGAIN.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 164
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.