Heisenberg
June 29, 2017, 11:23am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from 1mickylyons

They could but given their history you would suggest it very unlikely they are a small Club and any success will see them lose players and Managers.I have no idea why but suspect the Cowley`s will end up at P,boro,Ipswich or Norwich before Xmas.

Or maybe they'll struggle in the Football League, and everyone will realise the conference was extremely weak last season and they took advantage of having a decent team?  Time will tell.  Maybe they're not the geniuses some are suggesting.

Anyway, couldn't care less, let them enjoy the first decent season they've had in my entire lifetime.  Things even out in the end.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
Impish2
June 29, 2017, 11:27am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from 1mickylyons

They could but given their history you would suggest it very unlikely they are a small Club and any success will see them lose players and Managers.I have no idea why but suspect the Cowley`s will end up at P,boro,Ipswich or Norwich before Xmas.

You do understand that managers and players are under contract? Cowleys for instance are here until 2021 which will cost anyone a small fortune to prize them away, even for more wealthy clubs.  This small club will no doubt see the Cowleys leave to go onto much bigger and better things, but I can't see it being until this season ends at the very least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
grimsby pete
June 29, 2017, 12:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I think the Cowleys signed a new 5 year contract so it will cost a small fortune to get them in the next 2 years at least,

If they gain another promotion they will be taken away by a championship team at least,

Failure on the other hand and the Lincoln board will be muttering " why did we give them a 5 year contract "

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sign of the times

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.