2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
nightrider
June 27, 2017, 9:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
June 27, 2017, 11:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Due to sponsors pulling out.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
psgmariner
June 28, 2017, 1:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Real shame for Cleethorpes this news. It would have been massive. The council were fully behind it as far as I am aware.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
nightrider
June 28, 2017, 10:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Organiser seems to think otherwise?
Its the council. They need money for something to with the road. Costs very little to put on a cycle race if you've got the councils support. Practically nothing if its a road race, I presume.
This one would be cost abit more in terms of a PA system, barriers, marshalls (volunteers)

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
KingstonMariner
June 29, 2017, 12:22am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The article in the OP says it was the cost of road re-surfacing that the council couldn't meet. Sounds like another own goal for austerity measures.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
LH
June 29, 2017, 8:09am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I went out on my bike around NE Lincs for the first time in ages last week. I've got vibration white gooch after some of the road surfaces I rode over. I can't think of an area in town that actually had a decent surface on it!

The austerity measures here are getting daft though. They've decided to cut grass cutting to monthly rather than every other week. Areas around my house which used to be well groomed now have two foot tall grass and weeds. There was an article in the GT the other day of a dad who had to mow his son an area to play footy on Weelsby Woods!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
grimsby pete
June 29, 2017, 12:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I do the school run in the mornings,

Between my village and the village where the school is there are about 100 pot holes over a 3 mile each way trip.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
moosey_club
June 29, 2017, 1:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
I am shocked regards this news....shocked cos i had never even heard of the event in the first place !!!! When was it supposed to be ?
Never seen or heard any kind of advertising for it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Kk700
June 29, 2017, 2:48pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +76
Gold Stars: 1
typical council  my young grandson was hoping to ride in this as where several good local riders. there appears to be no support for riders in this area especially young ones who cannot travel far away. at the moment my grandson has to travel to Scunthorpe and lincoln who both provide facilities and road races for riders.It would have been nice to ride at his home town and not have to rely on other towns.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
moosey_club
June 29, 2017, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Kk700
typical council  my young grandson was hoping to ride in this as where several good local riders. there appears to be no support for riders in this area especially young ones who cannot travel far away. at the moment my grandson has to travel to Scunthorpe and lincoln who both provide facilities and road races for riders.It would have been nice to ride at his home town and not have to rely on other towns.

Harsh to blame the council really, they have a budget for the local highways i presume, and priority for that will be spent on maintaining the worst conditioned roads.
How would you feel as a local resident, if the severely pot holed road outside your house wasnt repaired because the money was spent relaying a road surface for some cyclists to come and use one weekend ? Particularly if that road was actually in a reasonable condition anyway?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cleethorpes Super-Prix cycle race cancelled

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.