Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Daryl Clare with Town players - Sports Science
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 216 Guests

Daryl Clare with Town players - Sports Science

This thread currently has 6,295 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
June 27, 2017, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,760
Gold Stars: 41
Good.  Slade has a history of trying new things to improve the first team performance and results. He likes using objective data to good effect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Southwark Mariner
June 27, 2017, 7:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,528
Gold Stars: 75
not entirely sure I'd want my specimen re accessed. If you've taken it, you keep it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
KingstonMariner
June 27, 2017, 8:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Good.  Slade has a history of trying new things to improve the first team performance and results. He likes using objective data to good effect.

Probably because he was a teacher  

Remember the abuse he used to get on here for being an ex-teacher?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
grimsby pete
June 27, 2017, 9:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Probably because he was a teacher  

Remember the abuse he used to get on here for being an ex-teacher?

Head Teacher I think.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
bradzmilne
June 27, 2017, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
The idea of strong link with the college/university for this type of stuff in my eyes is a much more financially viable option than bringing someone in that only works for the club.  A very solid move from GTFC, lets hope it is fruitful.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
Mighty_Mariner
June 27, 2017, 9:32pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,238
Gold Stars: 10
When Russell took over he made it very clear linking up with us at college was high on his agenda - just as he had done at Cardiff Met!

We've held several meetings with RS and his team, including the new S & C coach and are working very hard to provide him with tangible data he can use to assess conditioning levels. I can see this relationship only going from strength to strength with Town providing players and staff to run coaching sessions for our academy players and valuable, realistic work experience opportunities etc - exactly as it should be IMO.

Daryl is enrolled onto our Sports Science degree so is perfectly placed to facilitate that link - and may I add is very knowledgeable.

All points to a promising future for both club and institite.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
LH
June 27, 2017, 9:58pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 167
What method is used to determine what sort of level of fitness the players are - is it bleep test or a bit more advanced than that? Just wondering how far off elite level I am - feel I'm probably around Unibond in comparison.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
Mariner_09
June 27, 2017, 10:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
This is Grimsby, it'll be a some cones at either end of a field, more or less 20 metres apart, with Wilkie blowing his whistle at about the interval necessary, the gap between the blows might even decrease if he's remembered his stopwatch.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
HertsGTFC
June 27, 2017, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
When Russell took over he made it very clear linking up with us at college was high on his agenda - just as he had done at Cardiff Met!

We've held several meetings with RS and his team, including the new S & C coach and are working very hard to provide him with tangible data he can use to assess conditioning levels. I can see this relationship only going from strength to strength with Town providing players and staff to run coaching sessions for our academy players and valuable, realistic work experience opportunities etc - exactly as it should be IMO.

Daryl is enrolled onto our Sports Science degree so is perfectly placed to facilitate that link - and may I add is very knowledgeable.

All points to a promising future for both club and institite.

This

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
Mighty_Mariner
June 27, 2017, 10:31pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,238
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mariner_09
This is Grimsby, it'll be a some cones at either end of a field, more or less 20 metres apart, with Wilkie blowing his whistle at about the interval necessary, the gap between the blows might even decrease if he's remembered his stopwatch.

What an outrageously unfair and ignorant comment to make. For you information our sports science department at the Institute is amongst the best in the country with very knowledgeable staff and state of the art equipment - as noted during our OFSTED inspection recently!

I tend not to respond to idiots but decided to make an exception for you!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Daryl Clare with Town players - Sports Science

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.