13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
July 1, 2017, 11:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
How on Earth did Hartlepools beat us 3-0 last year and he score 2 goals and they got relegated. It's been said he can only score against crap teams ???? I'd have him back straight away. We have enough forwards that can feed the ball but nobody like him-he is very similar to that snidey little git Dennis without having a bad streak in him.It would make my day if we signed him on a 2 year contract if Hartlepools will let him go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 129
mimma
July 1, 2017, 12:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
I think that Slade is looking at players that can get us up and stay there, as opposed to players that are good in the 2nd. division, but couldn't make the step up.

Podge's limit is the 2nd. hence Slade won't be interested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 129
Garth
July 1, 2017, 12:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
TBF Amond  is a ready made striker as apposed to Dyson who is still developing and would come with add ons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 129
grimsby pete
July 1, 2017, 1:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Garth
TBF Amond  is a ready made striker as apposed to Dyson who is still developing and would come with add ons

I do not think Slade wants either of them Garth.

He still has not given up on Maynard yet.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 129
Maringer
July 1, 2017, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

So, he stepped up a division and was surrounded by midfielders who couldn't score and defenders who couldn't defend and was able to score 14 goals against teams one division higher than with us. Flipping work-shy wage scrounger.

Don't try and put words into my mouth.

I never criticised Amond's workrate or application, I just question his ability to be the main striker in a League Two team which is aiming for promotion. My opinion but I'm amazed that some people are getting so pissy about this.

If you want to ignore the fact that he has failed to score goals or do anything much against the better teams in the division in which he has played over the past two seasons, then that's fine. No doubt that a promotion-winning team needs to put away the weaker teams, but I don't think he is good enough to do enough against the better teams.

Let's see where he ends up this season. I'd be surprised if it was playing for one of the front-runners in our division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 129
golfer
July 1, 2017, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from grimsby pete

Maynard signing early next week---gospel --  apologies aplenty should follow please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 129
Garth
July 1, 2017, 2:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from grimsby pete

I think you are right Pete, but I was just musing on the merits or otherwise of both, not that it will come to it but I just think Podge would be a better choice, we had a song for him so he must have been good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 129
Grimal
July 1, 2017, 2:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from golfer

Maynard signing early next week---gospel --  apologies aplenty should follow please

I'll wait and see early next week before giving you a tick or a cross.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 129
HertsGTFC
July 1, 2017, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
All being well this time next week we'll have some threads about players we've actually signed

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 129
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 1, 2017, 4:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I don't dislike Amond at all. I was critical of Hurst for a long time because he didn't sign a scrounger who would get the easy chances LJL was missing. By and large that is what Amond did and we did significantly better against the poorer sides than we had done. But the poorer sides in L2 are a lot better than the poorer sides in the Conference so Amond was never going to do as well in L2 wether for Town or anyone else. He hadn't taken L2 by storm for Morecambe and he didn't for Hartlepool. The evidence is plain enough. He's a good lad but he needs to be at Wrexham or somewhere to really prove it again.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 129
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Amond

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.