Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Watch enthusiasts ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 52 Guests

Watch enthusiasts ?

This thread currently has 4,093 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
grimps
June 26, 2017, 4:09pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,992
Gold Stars: 46
Are there any other watch enthusiasts here on the Fishy ?
I've been collecting various Swiss watches for the last 20 years now and have noticed lots of people in and around the Town wearing some very nice time pieces.
Considering Grimsby and Cleethorpes are supposed to be quite poor towns it's great seeing people with such good taste  
Logged Online
Private Message
cmackenzie4
June 26, 2017, 5:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.30
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,296
Gold Stars: 33
I love watches too Grimps, I have since being a young lad, I had a love for Rolex submariner (date) and  i bought one when I was in the Navy but I found it scuffed easily so sold it and replaced with an omega seamaster which was much more robust.

I now have the Omega Seamaster Diver Automatic Chronograph in Blue (large face) and it's a cracker, really good looking watch, I am a fan of the Planet ocean chronograph (in orange ) too.

My watch will be passed down to my lad when he's older and will appreciate it more.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
Kk700
June 26, 2017, 5:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +76
Gold Stars: 1
i just dont get the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
Mendonca1995
June 26, 2017, 6:38pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Only interested in WATCHing the Mariners 🐟

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
grimps
June 26, 2017, 6:57pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,992
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I love watches too Grimps, I have since being a young lad, I had a love for Rolex submariner (date) and  i bought one when I was in the Navy but I found it scuffed easily so sold it and replaced with an omega seamaster which was much more robust.

I now have the Omega Seamaster Diver Automatic Chronograph in Blue (large face) and it's a cracker, really good looking watch, I am a fan of the Planet ocean chronograph (in orange ) too.

My watch will be passed down to my lad when he's older and will appreciate it more.

I had a Orange Planet Ocean that I sold last year ( still regret it)
Ive still got a Green Sub that I won't ever be selling , thats probably the most comfortable watch I've owned.
The way the prices have gone recently all of my watches have gained value in the last year or two , they seem to be a fantastic investment at the minute with the £ being devalued
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
cmackenzie4
June 26, 2017, 7:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.30
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,296
Gold Stars: 33
Yeah I like the Green sub too mate, lovely looking watch, I nearly bought it last year, a great investment.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
fishyfanny
June 26, 2017, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.96
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
I've got a Tag Heuer Aquaracer, with a blue face. It was a 40th birthday present from my good lady. Had it for over 10 years now and still love it as much as ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
GYinScuntland
June 28, 2017, 1:29pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,206
Gold Stars: 97
I like to watch.
Usually in lay byes and car parks after 11pm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
moosey_club
June 29, 2017, 2:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,132
Gold Stars: 220
I had a Side Watch back in the 90's, most comfortable watch i have ever had, dont like wearing watches as a rule as they feel uncomfortable to me, i was tempted last year by the Slow watch but as i dont like the feel of a watch seems a waste to buy one just to keep in a drawer .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
TownSNAFU5
June 29, 2017, 2:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,760
Gold Stars: 41
I developed a keen interest in vintage watches about 15 years ago. I particularly like Omega, IWC, Longines,  Rolex, JLC and Zenith gold dress watches.   They all have a long and interesting history, producing numerous innovations and new designs.

2 of my favourite watches are still a gold-filled Omega Seamaster from 1955 and a Seiko divers watch from the early 1970s.  The Seiko has "waterproof" on the dial, which was soon changed to the more common "water resistant" in all watches soon after this date.  I picked up the divers watch in the Forces.    

Anyone interested in mechanical watches will often note what watches other people are wearing.  Always good to see another nice watch.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Watch enthusiasts ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.