Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket Sales Update.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 265 Guests

Season Ticket Sales Update.

This thread currently has 11,583 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
June 30, 2017, 5:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from diehardmariner

Long term I would rather the club take a hit and know they're doing something to introduce a new generation of fans.  

If the club did an Adult Ticket with a relatively discounted season-ticket for kids I would buy one with the simple intention of taking along my nephew and/or niece to a selection of games to bring them into the GTFC fold.  If they like it, great then they're a step closer to being hooked.  If they don't like it, I've lost £30, £40  etc.  The club have gained a small portion of money they wouldn't have ever had and we all forget it about pretty quickly.

As a season ticket holder I'm far less likely to pop up to the ticket office midweek at any point during the year to buy them a ticket for a game they might not enjoy.  The point is when I'm going into the ticket office and shelling out £300+ on a season ticket, the discounted childs ticket feels like great value.  The as and when ticket doesn't quite feel anywhere near that level of value.  

That's me for my nephew and niece.  How many parents of young children do we have who follow Town and would love the chance to bring their kids along to games.  Hell, how many parents would love to go to watch Town on a weekend but they can't because £7 on the gate (not everyone has the luxury of getting an early bird ticket) feels like crap value/they can't afford it?  How many of those parents are then staying at home themselves to look after said child/children.

It's simply pure sighted from the club, again.

Last season was drab and damp.  All the feel good factor from the previous summer was wiped out by a stop-start campaign, selling of the top scorer, a (in hindsight) poor appointment in Bignot and then ultimately the departure of fan favourites at the end.   Take away the hardcore who will go regardless and who is really going to be excited about the new season?    None of our signings are, as of yet, ones that will put bums on seats.  If you were an occasional fan, would you be tempted to buy a season ticket?  

12-14 months ago the club missed a huge opportunity to tap into that feel good factor and they badly wasted it.  We failed to shift more than 3,000 season tickets after the most emotional and simply brilliant afternoon of football I've ever witnessed, in front of 12-13,000 people cheering Town on.  Despite that we managed to only shift a a couple of hundred extra season tickets from the previous year.  How the intercourse is that possible?  

This year was crying out for something to entice people not only to the club but also to retain those exisiting season ticket holders.  Again the club failed.  No price rise but it'll go up next year.  Wow, what a promotion that is!

We can dress it up as many ways as we like, unfortunately it still points to the fact that GTFC are urine poor when it comes to shifting season tickets.  As mentioned earlier this area has thousands of shift workers, even if 1% of those benefit from a season ticket that caters to their work pattern it's worth it.  If 1% of the single parents in the area benefit from a season ticket that caters to their circumstances, it's worth it.  If 1% of the kids in this area who would never get taken to a game because it's too expensive end up going because Mum/Dad drags them along then it'll be worth it.

Would it be easy to introduce schemes like this?  Probably not.  But that's not an excuse to do absolutely nothing about it.  If it's not sheer laziness then what is it?

Good post, I sense it's a bit f a lack of ambition due to the cash flow being better than previous years.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
Davec
June 30, 2017, 5:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I'm sure the Trust told us an announcement was imminent about shift workers tickets about 8 months ago, still waiting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
golfer
June 30, 2017, 5:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
I had no intention of renewing my season ticket because of certain factors including Pearson going to Wrexham and slowness of decent signings to whet my appetite, but I will be renewing it on Monday. I don't feel I can moan [which I very rarely do  ] without seeing what I am moaning at. Phew-I feel a lot better already
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
golfer
June 30, 2017, 7:08pm
Vodka Drinker
When I said I wasn't renewing my season ticket because of Pearson leaving I got a load of Red x's-now when I say that I am getting season ticket despite Pearson leaving I get red x's--so FKIT I am not going to renew even if Pearson and Craig Clay come back-so that's 1 season ticket down due to the Fishy red x'ers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
pizzzza
June 30, 2017, 7:15pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from golfer
When I said I wasn't renewing my season ticket because of Pearson leaving I got a load of Red x's-now when I say that I am getting season ticket despite Pearson leaving I get red x's--so FKIT I am not going to renew even if Pearson and Craig Clay come back-so that's 1 season ticket down due to the Fishy red x'ers

You're going to base your decision to buy a ST on whether you or not you get red crosses on the fishy? Get a f-ing grip!
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
Mariner93er
June 30, 2017, 7:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I'm in shock that you actually took a golfer post seriously
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
Mariner93er
June 30, 2017, 7:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I'm in shock that you actually took a golfer post seriously
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
golfer
June 30, 2017, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza

You're going to base your decision to buy a ST on whether you or not you get red crosses on the fishy? Get a f-ing grip!

FKIT- You just posted what was going to be the punch line-so I.m gonna renew now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
H19P1
June 30, 2017, 7:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Get a grip Golfer 😂

You wind people up for a bite. When you get a nibble you spit dummy out pram.

Come on man embrace the bants rebound of your posts.

Enjoy life

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
HertsGTFC
June 30, 2017, 7:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Golfer, you never fail to put a smile on my face 😀

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket Sales Update.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.