Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket Sales Update.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 338 Guests

Season Ticket Sales Update.

This thread currently has 11,577 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
June 25, 2017, 6:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
I would imagine Fenty would have told Slade the budget is based on 2,500 STH,

With an average attendance of 4,800,

Go above those figures and the extra money generated you can have for more players.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
Abdul19
June 25, 2017, 6:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
We were never likely to match last summer's total. A lot easier to sell tickets on the back of a promotion than on the back of a mid table nothing season.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
HertsGTFC
June 25, 2017, 6:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
I think the budget conversations where as much around what is left from the sale of Omar as it was season ticket income.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
TheGoalKipper
June 25, 2017, 7:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from SteffiMariner

It's only a failure if it below budgeted figures, if the club only budgeted for 2,000 season tickets this season then it would be a success.

We dont have a rich backer so we cant spend more than we can afford. If we make the same mess as Orient and a few others i dont think there is anyone in the Grimsby area with the deep pockets willing to pull us out of the mess. A few good signings now will establish us in L2 this season and we can build on that
When we have the new ground hopefully our financial fortunes will also change. Im confident RS and Wilko will make us competitive for at least mid table and if these younger recruits turn out to be a bit of quality who know where we will end up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
Perkins
June 25, 2017, 7:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I think some of it has to do with a lot of fans being underwhelmed by the squad we have  at the moment going into the season, I know there's time still for some signings that may possibly "raise the hairs" but I'm not too confident of that. We have lost some fans favourites, Disley, Pearson, Gowling, who have been with us through the promotion campaigns, and speaking for myself I was sad to see them leave as they felt like part of the family, and with a couple of exceptions it seems like we are starting all over again with a bunch of strangers, and I suppose that's football, but I don't like it.
I don't have enough confidence in some of those players that Bignot brought in, and that Slade can't get rid of, to give me much inspiration for a successful season ahead. I hope I'm wrong , and I suppose I will renew my season ticket, but at the moment I'm not enthused enough to go straight out tomorrow buy it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
MuddyWaters
June 25, 2017, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Perkins
I think some of it has to do with a lot of fans being underwhelmed by the squad we have  at the moment going into the season, I know there's time still for some signings that may possibly "raise the hairs" but I'm not too confident of that. We have lost some fans favourites, Disley, Pearson, Gowling, who have been with us through the promotion campaigns, and speaking for myself I was sad to see them leave as they felt like part of the family, and with a couple of exceptions it seems like we are starting all over again with a bunch of strangers, and I suppose that's football, but I don't like it.
I don't have enough confidence in some of those players that Bignot brought in, and that Slade can't get rid of, to give me much inspiration for a successful season ahead. I hope I'm wrong , and I suppose I will renew my season ticket, but at the moment I'm not enthused enough to go straight out tomorrow buy it.

We've all got reservations but we're all still GTFC - get down to the Park tomorrow & get your wallet out.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
HertsGTFC
June 25, 2017, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
I think it might be as simple as people are just nervous about spending money, election, Brexit, weekly bad news stories etc.. etc... does have an impact on consumer confidence & how people spend surplus income. Summer holiday for the family or a couple of season tickets what would you choose.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
moosey_club
June 25, 2017, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
the club have gone on record as saying minimum play offs havnt they ?

One of the criticisms of Bignot appears to have been that he had a long term vision based on investment and development of the club.....not a quick fix......as the structure wouldnt support it..........RS stated that he expected to make play off's this coming season.....RS has won the board over regards that, hence why he is now in charge.
Can he deliver ?

He speaks of having a smaller, tight knit squad....certainly seems that way at the moment.....RS has addressed some of the width issues but we are still a bit (completely) light at left back....maybe up top as well.

I wasnt over impressed with the overall standard of the League last season and think that an average ability,yet organised squad can go along way.....i expect us to be organised....as yet not overall sure abut the ability/ make up of the squad.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
forza ivano
June 25, 2017, 9:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,135
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Perkins

Good post Perkins. Sums up my feelings at the moment.seems like we've signed mid 2 level players ready made for a mid table finish.hope I'm wrong and he moulds them into an exciting unit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
Abdul19
June 25, 2017, 9:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Bit harsh on Bignot re signings. 2 of his will be massive players for us this year. I'd guess there's more of Hurst's signings Slade would like to be rid of.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket Sales Update.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.