8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 22, 2017, 3:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
It was reported the other week that he was ahead of schedule, I seem to recall? I think he hopes to be back playing before Christmas, though how good his fitness will be remains to be seen. Must be incredibly difficult to catch up after a long lay-off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
Maringer
September 22, 2017, 3:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
RoboCod
September 22, 2017, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I daren't over think it and get carried away but I feel a team with fully fit versions of J Osborne and Asante, with the ever improving Matt would be a totally different proposition to play against than the current one.
Loads more targets for Siriki to hit too, hopefully rounding off his abilities over the season too.

Roll on January  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
TheGoalKipper
September 22, 2017, 3:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
The loss of Osbourne's creativity has been a big blow. We know from last season what he can do. Same with Clements as well. We can only speculate on Akwasi but i sense theres a good player there. Same with Ahkeem Rose. Im surprised FIFA cant intervene for him as the West Indies? authorities are hurting his career through their inability to process his papers

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
Posh Harry
September 22, 2017, 4:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,355
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from TheGoalKipper
The loss of Osbourne's creativity has been a big blow. We know from last season what he can do. Same with Clements as well. We can only speculate on Akwasi but i sense theres a good player there. Same with Ahkeem Rose. Im surprised FIFA cant intervene for him as the West Indies? authorities are hurting his career through their inability to process his papers

Right at this moment I don't think there is much anyone in the West Indies can do about anything and his paperwork is still probably blowing about in the atmosphere somewhere (although I realise it should have been sorted a long time ago)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
TheGoalKipper
September 22, 2017, 4:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Approval: +321
On Ahkeem's player profile they not only praise his ability but also his attitude. When you have both you know the potential is there to make a good player IMO.

If the club will buy me a ticket and pay my expenses im willing and able to take any papers etc to get signed by the right people

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
RoboCod
September 22, 2017, 5:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

If the club will buy me a ticket and pay my expenses im willing and able to take any papers etc to get signed by the right people

What a dedicated, selfless and considerate person you are
I put forward 1 British Pound towards any crowdfunding scheme you may set up in this persuit

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
londonmariner2
September 22, 2017, 8:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
I will donate a fiver to the fund if it gets set up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
HertsGTFC
September 22, 2017, 9:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228

The fervour about Rose is interesting, i am not sure what it's based on but good luck to the lad either way.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
Cloudy
September 23, 2017, 8:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from grimreaper

The slight setback was not with the actual operation he had on the ankle, that all went well. It was found that part of the bone was bruised which needs to be managed. The ankle is as strong as it has ever been.

Akwasi has just finished his 2nd full week of training with the reserves
. He was due to get some game time this week at the reserve game but felt himself he needed a further weeks training under his belt. The next reserve match I believe is last week in September, if all progresses well then should see him get  some match practise.

In himself he feels the best he has been since his days at Birmingham City. He can't wait to start playing competitive football.

With your insider knowledge are you suggesting the reserves, presumably those not in the current first eleven, train away from the first 11?

Can't think that Sawyer, Keeble, Bolinwinra, Clifton etc can push to get in the squad if they can't even train with the first team?
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Akwasi - update on injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.