This thread currently has 22,632 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Hertsmariner
June 25, 2017, 10:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
I rather doubt that Town paid more for Asante than Osborne, not least because of the discrepancy in length of contract signed (only 18 months for Asante whereas I seem to remember that it was 30 months for Osborne?). Besides, Asante's injury record suggests he's a higher risk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 74
grimreaper
June 26, 2017, 6:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +297
Quoted from Hertsmariner
I rather doubt that Town paid more for Asante than Osborne, not least because of the discrepancy in length of contract signed (only 18 months for Asante whereas I seem to remember that it was 30 months for Osborne?). Besides, Asante's injury record suggests he's a higher risk.

It is correct that Grimsby paid more for Asante, that's what the hold was. Solihull new that potentially Asante was worth more in the future IF he kept injury free, than Osbourne.
Birmingham City released him because of an ongoing hamstring tear. He has not suffered this injury since joining Solihull.

Marcus knew that Asante would be worth more in the future IF kept injury free.
He is working hard right now to get fit and to maintain his fitness. He is raring to go knowing that it will be the first time in 2yrs that he will be fully fit and able to shoot with his right foot. Not bad for someone who was restricted in his shooting but being top scorer at Solihull for the last 2yrs. Well 1and half seasons, he left Solihull midway through and still ended up top scorer for them at the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 74
Garth
June 26, 2017, 7:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from grimreaper

It is correct that Grimsby paid more for Asante, that's what the hold was. Solihull new that potentially Asante was worth more in the future IF he kept injury free, than Osbourne.
Birmingham City released him because of an ongoing hamstring tear. He has not suffered this injury since joining Solihull.

Marcus knew that Asante would be worth more in the future IF kept injury free.
He is working hard right now to get fit and to maintain his fitness. He is raring to go knowing that it will be the first time in 2yrs that he will be fully fit and able to shoot with his right foot. Not bad for someone who was restricted in his shooting but being top scorer at Solihull for the last 2yrs. Well 1and half seasons, he left Solihull midway through and still ended up top scorer for them at the end of the season.

That`s all very well but this thread is about Akwasi  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 74
Hertsmariner
June 26, 2017, 9:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
Thanks for that, grimreaper. You obviously have inside knowledge on Akwasi's fitness/injury status as well as details of his transfer from Solihull. Trouble is, if he is now injury-free, and turns out to be the star performer this season, as hoped, without a longer contract, which ends in summer 2018, he'll leave GTFC on a free-unless he can be tied to an extension during this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 74
StaffsMariner
June 29, 2017, 10:54am
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
Is the report in the telegraph a new injury?
Some guys have no luck at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 74
grimreaper
June 29, 2017, 8:21pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from StaffsMariner
Is the report in the telegraph a new injury?
Some guys have no luck at all.

Akwasi has just finished at St Georges and will be reporting back to Grimsby Tomorrow. No new injury or setback issues.
Its not common knowledge that Akwasi has had an op except on this forum. The telegraph are running an old story.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 74
Superdan147
June 29, 2017, 9:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
So I'm confused now??

Has akwasi actually had an op and is on road to recovery OR has someone on here just made this thread up and the telegraph are reporting the fact that Asante still has problems? I just wanna know how he's actually progressing !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 74
grimreaper
June 30, 2017, 1:03am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Superdan147
So I'm confused now??

Has akwasi actually had an op and is on road to recovery OR has someone on here just made this thread up and the telegraph are reporting the fact that Asante still has problems? I just wanna know how he's actually progressing !

As I have mentioned in previous posts, Akwasi is progressing well. He had an Op to sort out a niggling ankle problem which has restricted him using his right foot for shooting for the past couple of years. (He can play with either foot which is helpful). He though it was the best time to sort it out.

The Operation was a success and he is back in light training. He went to St Georges Park this week and will report back to the Physio at Grimsby tomorrow to continue his comeback. He is raring to go and feels good. We have predicted that it could be the later part of august before he kicks a ball in anger then he needs game time.

The report in the paper suggests that it is an injury to the top of his leg. This is not correct. It is his ankle. He had bits of bone floating around, Was caused when he had a trial for Yeovil a couple of years ago, after Russell Slade had gone.
RS is correct with regards to his time table for getting back.
With regards to his long standing injury, the hamstring that is fine, he has had no issues with that since he joined Solihull 2 seasons ago.
I hope I have answered your question
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 74
Superdan147
June 30, 2017, 7:38am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
How would you possibly know all this though? Are you connected to the club/player? I really hope what you say is true!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 74
StaffsMariner
June 30, 2017, 1:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
Thanks GR. Great to hear and hope Akwasi will become a new fans favourite.Just dont rush back before ready.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Akwasi - update on injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.